“Pleasant Experience...”

Barbarie's Black Angus Grill
Ranked #1 of 275 Restaurants in Danbury
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Danbury, Connecticut
“Pleasant Experience...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

My husband and I dined here for lunch and dinner a few times and decided to eat out last night-very busy for Saturday following Thanksgiving. The host greeted us but rushed us to the back room and we were seated in the booth for two. I did not even get a chance to say I preferred the main dining room. Our waiter, Gary, was very nice and the food is good but I felt very claustraphobic in a small booth. The menu has something for everyone but on the pricey side. Always ask for the prices on the specials - my husband was thinking of ordering one of the surf and turf specials at a cost of $58! Nice atmosphere - I would recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank ItalianGirl729

Boca Raton, Florida
“Upscale, modern, friendly staff, very good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

I have dined here twice now. The first time we stopped in for a burger around dinner time. We ended up having the open faced steak sandwich. We asked if we could share,and no problem. They split the sandwich for us and also split the fries and salad. Food was excellent, service was fast and the food was excellent. Next trip was a Saturday night with reservations. We were seated quickly even though they are busy. Wait staff was friendly but service was a little slower. The hamburger was done perfectly, the filet was also done right. The third dish was also very good. A side order of Mac and cheese came out a couple of minutes later and was mediocre. The
only complaint was that we waited a little longer than we thought it should have taken for the food to arrive. Overall very good and would return and recommended to others.

quito
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Best steak in the area. The only place to go for steak in Danbury. The fish is fresh and of fine quality. The owners are pleasant and accommodating. The bar scene is the best in Danbury with an upscale clientele. The service is so fast it is unbelievable. The place is immaculate as is the kitchen. The best burger sliders at the bar ever!!! The bartenders are attentive and friendly. Nothing but superlatives for this fine place.

1 Thank donaldg753
Ridgefield, Connecticut
“What's Not to Like?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Close I-84 exit 8 and just off the beaten path next to the hotels. Food here is a little pricey, but worth it. We prefer lunch here - we sit in the bar and watch the games on the numerous televisions. For lunch, try the French Dip - one of the best I've had - real shaved mouthwatering prime rib with no gristle - rich. $15, but as I said - really, really good.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank CTManny
Newtown, Connecticut
“Tries to be more than it is, but for Danbury, this is the best you will get”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Well it looks like a steakhouse (embossed leather seating, aging meat in glass lockers, wine bottles), it is expensive like a steakhouse, and has menus the size of Texas, but...in the end, it is a moderately overpriced restaurant that serves decent food with efficient service. This is Danbury, however, a virtual dining desert, and we should be happy with what we have. For the money, however, I would just as soon head about 60 miles southwest - I think one might find a restaurant or two there that are the real deal.

3 Thank BroadOakPS