“Don't bother”

Barbarie's Black Angus Grill
Ranked #1 of 275 Restaurants in Danbury
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bridgewater
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We were very disappointed when we went for lunch last weekend. Our waiter was subpar. He forgot drink orders. He was not friendly. Food was ok, however highly overpriced. And portions were small. A salad for $11.50, was no bigger than palm-size. My husband and I will never go back

• Visited February 2013

Connecticut
“Doesn't Quite Deliver For The Price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Call me old fashioned, but I don't want to see a flat-screen TV everywhere I look when I'm eating an expensive meal. The facility is clean and crisp looking; borderline upscale in appearance except for the TV's in the dining area, and table cloths would have been nice. Noise level is acceptable; service staff is courteous and pleasant if not 100% attentive. Food was a better than average; both my wife and I had fish, and both pieces (salmon for her & sea bass for me) were excellently prepared. We split the diver sea scallop appetizer which was a good decision because it was the size of an entree. The menu was full of pricey options, and sides were extra. Some of the local reviews for the steaks that I've read were rather negative, and if that's the case, the tariff for the beef entrees seemed out of line. A few small changes could make this restaurant a lot better, but I must say that the place was quite busy for a mid-week night in winter, so they must be meeting or exceeding the expectations of most of their patrons. Overall, a good experience, albeit a bit pricey even by Fairfield County standards. A better choice for a dinner with friends or business associates than just a night out with your significant other. This was a tough call to rate this place as just average, but the myriad TV's kept it from garnering a Very Good rating.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank LochnessConnecticut
Danbury, Connecticut, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, fun atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This location has gone through it's share of restaurants with bad food. I was leary at first to try it thinking it couldn't possibly be good, but it was great! Food, waitstaff, bartenders...and the crab cake is to die for. I went three times in one week for that crab cake!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Erin W
CT
“Wonderful new steakhouse in danbury”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This relatively new restaurant to the danbury area is a great addition. Went there last Saturday night and there wasn't an open table.... 2 hour wait, for those without reservations.. Don't even try to go without reservations on a weekend.
Service was very good....food overall was delicious(however my steak was undercooked....but still tasted very good)
Happy to see the restaurant doing so well...especially since so many restaurants which occupied the space previously couldn't make a go of it.
Try it...you'll like it!

• Visited January 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Yum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

My burger was awesome. My drinks were excellent. I would not hesitate to return. I love the fact that the kitchen was open til 11 and the restaurant/bar area open til 2am. Great place to hangout and get a drink. Not much is open to eat past 10p that is not fast food.

Visited December 2012