“They changed the menu”
Review of Widow Browns Cafe

Widow Browns Cafe
Ranked #39 of 289 Restaurants in Danbury
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Widow Browns has been in business since 1977. We serve fresh food prepared daily with a large diverse menu that everyone would enjoy. From burgers and specialty sandwiches such as Reubens and french dip.....to New York Strip Steak and comfort food such as meatloaf, mac and cheese, BBQ ribs and many more.
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We have always loved to go to Widow's for the burgers but recently they changed the menu and the burger special no longer comes with bacon. Maybe it's a small disapointment but we will still keep going back.

WidowsBrowns, Owner at Widow Browns Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

When redoing the menu we forgot to put the bacon on the burger special and even forgot to put in the BL&T on the the menu but we have them both. So if you want the bacon just tell your wait person. When we do a reprinting we will include both. Sorry for the disappointment....

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Been a customer of Widow Brown's for 18 years and after their recent remodel it has only gotten better. New carpeting, hardwood floors, and bigger kitchen were recently done. Very far from dirty and the staff is great. I joined the rewards club and it has helped make it an even better value. Great place to play pool or catch a game.

1  Thank RyanC332
WidowsBrowns, Owner at Widow Browns Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Thanks I appreciate the great review

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food is mediocre at best but the beer is as good as most places. I have been coming here for many years and it has not really changed much. It is in a convienent location and has a pool table so my friends still go here. The bathrooms are cleaned a few times a week at most and the hygeine is lacking at both the kitchen and at the tables. Better off trying one of the other local sports bars.

WidowsBrowns, Owner at Widow Browns Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

The place is not dirty, we have a person come in and clean everyday not two times a week. Our kitchen is brand new after a major renovation and we score high on our heath inspections. Our wait staff and bartenders always are cleaning. Sorry you feel this way........

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Widow Brown's is conveniently located half way from my house and job so my husband and I eat here frequently. It is a nice mix of locals, people just getting off of work, students and friends just watching a game drinkin' a beer.If you're looking for hearty food to fill you up while you cheer for your team, get a burger or the steak dinner. Believe it or not, their salads are also quite impressive for bar food! I am hopeful that Widow's will hosting the 'clam jam' again this summer. Clam Jam was a tasty mid week treat of a dozen delicious steamers for $4.00.
**I have to disagree with a previous reviewer who said the owner was rude to his staff and so fourth, I have known the owner for years, he has a very mild demeanor and I have never witnessed him treat his staff with anything other than respect and professionalism**

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I had previously posted that this place's decor was very out of date and dingy. Someone from the restaurant contacted me and said they just finished completely renovating the place. The fact that they remodeled and also reached out to respond to a negative shows they are trying and might make me interested in giving this place another chance.

1  Thank Ron S