“Still the dirtiest restaurant in Danbury.”
Review of Widow Browns Cafe

Widow Browns Cafe
Ranked #43 of 280 Restaurants in Danbury
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Widow Browns has been in business since 1977. We serve fresh food prepared daily with a large diverse menu that everyone would enjoy. From burgers and specialty sandwiches such as Reubens and french dip.....to New York Strip Steak and comfort food such as meatloaf, mac and cheese, BBQ ribs and many more.
Danbury, Connecticut
“Still the dirtiest restaurant in Danbury.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food is mediocre at best but the beer is as good as most places. I have been coming here for many years and it has not really changed much. It is in a convienent location and has a pool table so my friends still go here. The bathrooms are cleaned a few times a week at most and the hygeine is lacking at both the kitchen and at the tables. Better off trying one of the other local sports bars.

Visited April 2013
WidowsBrowns, Owner at Widow Browns Cafe, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
The place is not dirty, we have a person come in and clean everyday not two times a week. Our kitchen is brand new after a major renovation and we score high on our heath inspections. Our wait staff and bartenders always are cleaning. Sorry you feel this way........

New Milford, Connecticut
“Always a pleasure”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Widow Brown's is conveniently located half way from my house and job so my husband and I eat here frequently. It is a nice mix of locals, people just getting off of work, students and friends just watching a game drinkin' a beer.If you're looking for hearty food to fill you up while you cheer for your team, get a burger or the steak dinner. Believe it or not, their salads are also quite impressive for bar food! I am hopeful that Widow's will hosting the 'clam jam' again this summer. Clam Jam was a tasty mid week treat of a dozen delicious steamers for $4.00.
**I have to disagree with a previous reviewer who said the owner was rude to his staff and so fourth, I have known the owner for years, he has a very mild demeanor and I have never witnessed him treat his staff with anything other than respect and professionalism**

• Visited April 2013
Danbury, Connecticut
“Revised”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I had previously posted that this place's decor was very out of date and dingy. Someone from the restaurant contacted me and said they just finished completely renovating the place. The fact that they remodeled and also reached out to respond to a negative shows they are trying and might make me interested in giving this place another chance.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Ron S
“Great food and staff... Except the owner”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The food was delicious and the bartender was great! However, we noticed that the owner kept coming over to her staff to berate them while patrons were enjoying their meals and drinks. It made the feeling in the room tense, and you could tell the staff did not seem appreciated. So we all left sooner than we wanted to. Unfortunate!!!!

3 Thank DanburyFoody
WidowsBrowns, Owner at Widow Browns Cafe, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
I always try my best to treat the customers and staff with respect. If I failed to convey that then I am sorry. My employees and customers are very important to me.
Garland, Texas
“No Black Widows at Widow Browns”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

On a recent business trip to Danbury, CT, a co-worker recommended I try Widow Brown's Restaurant. This is a very down-home restaurant/bar that appears to be a local favorite. Half of the restaurant is a bar and with several billiard table. I got the feeling that it is an "everyone knows your name" kind of place.The other half is a restaurant with rustic-looking tables and booths. The service was friendly and fast and the food portions were generous and tasty. I had the steak sandwich with fries. Nothing fancy, but a nice change from chain restaurants. If I ever find myself in the area again, I would definitely go back.

• Visited February 2013