This is a reasonable place to stay, although I found it a little awkward to actually access, especially if you miss it as soon as you come off the interstate. Reception area was quite good, greeting at reception/customer service acceptable, the room is a decent size but with somewhat small beds, positioning of desk/TV/armchair slightly awkward, cleanliness generally quite good, breakfast was decent, although finished early (okay for business people but not so good for travellers). Attached Outback Steakhouse made finding tea easy. The hotel had some other good facilities.
The main issues I had was some slightly questionable housekeeping (there were quite a few stray hairs here and there around the bathroom), slow internet connection, but the worst for mine was that the bed was far too soft, like a great big sponge offering no support. Thinking it might have just been an aberration, I tried the second bed in the room, but that seemed to be the same. Now I realise some people like soft beds, but I prefer a bit of support in a mattress. With a better bed I would have probably rated this a four.
All up this place isn't bad, but make sure you like really soft beds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury received the 2015 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence and the TripAdvisor Hall of Fame award, a designation for earning the Certificate of Excellence for five consecutive years. Directly off I-84, our La Quinta is ideally located. We are just minutes from Candlewood Lake, Western Connecticut State University and The Ridgefield Playhouse. The hotel is a great resting stop for those travelers continuing to northern destinations such as Boston, Cape Cod, Maine and Canada as well as those heading for the southern Atlantic states. A day trip to NYC is always fun! Located nearby are local vineyards on the Connecticut Wine Trail, antique shops on the famous Route 6 corridor, ski resorts and amusement parks such as Lake Compounce. Many corporations such as Pitney Bowes, Praxair, Entegris, Emerson, Sealed Air and Duracell are home to the Danbury/Bethel area. The La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury features 133 guest rooms. Travelers enjoy our free Bright Side Breakfast™ each morning and all rooms provide free High-Speed wi-fi, a mini-fridge and a microwave. Pets are always welcome! Energize in our complimentary fitness room and in the summer, relax and refresh in or outdoor salt water pool. The on-site Outback Steakhouse is available to enjoy a mouthwatering meal for lunch and dinner or to enjoy a cocktail in the lounge. These thoughtful amenities also make the La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury the perfect spot to accommodate family and friends as a group or individually for weddings, reunions, sporting and theater events. We look forward to having you stay with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, LaQuinta, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon and Priceline so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury Hotel Danbury
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Danbury
- Wellesley Hotel Danbury
- La Quinta Danbury