This La Quinta was about what we've come to expect from this brand: a clean, spacious and comfortable room for a good price. That said, the decision to pair this on a small lot with an Outback Steakhouse is highly questionable.
We stayed on a Friday and the cars of patrons at the Outback got seriously in the way, with some of them blocking the way to the hotel entrance. There were a few spots reserved just for Outback patrons, but they obviously also filled most of the spots which could be used by hotel guests. We wound up parking, on a very cold, windy night, very far from the entrance, around the side and downhill from the restaurant.
Breakfast was OK, though a bit carbo-heavy. We made do with boiled eggs and fruit, avoiding the make-your-own waffles and the various pastries and breads.
The location could not be more convenient if you're driving eastward on I-84. The exit practically dumps you at the driveway and the entrance ramp is just as close.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury received the 2015 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence and the TripAdvisor Hall of Fame award, a designation for earning the Certificate of Excellence for five consecutive years. Directly off I-84, our La Quinta is ideally located. We are just minutes from Candlewood Lake, Western Connecticut State University and The Ridgefield Playhouse. The hotel is a great resting stop for those travelers continuing to northern destinations such as Boston, Cape Cod, Maine and Canada as well as those heading for the southern Atlantic states. A day trip to NYC is always fun! Located nearby are local vineyards on the Connecticut Wine Trail, antique shops on the famous Route 6 corridor, ski resorts and amusement parks such as Lake Compounce. Many corporations such as Pitney Bowes, Praxair, Entegris, Emerson, Sealed Air and Duracell are home to the Danbury/Bethel area. The La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury features 133 guest rooms. Travelers enjoy our free Bright Side Breakfast™ each morning and all rooms provide free High-Speed wi-fi, a mini-fridge and a microwave. Pets are always welcome! Energize in our complimentary fitness room and in the summer, relax and refresh in or outdoor salt water pool. The on-site Outback Steakhouse is available to enjoy a mouthwatering meal for lunch and dinner or to enjoy a cocktail in the lounge. These thoughtful amenities also make the La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury the perfect spot to accommodate family and friends as a group or individually for weddings, reunions, sporting and theater events. We look forward to having you stay with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LaQuinta, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Danbury
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury Hotel Danbury
- Wellesley Hotel Danbury
- La Quinta Danbury