“very disapointed.”

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
Connecticut
“very disapointed.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2011

Stayed at the Danbury courtyard with my husband and purchased the "romance package" Was totally mislead online paid 260 dollars for one night with one king size and hot tub. The amazing "romance pacakage" was suppose to entail silk rose petals, chocolates daily, hot breakfast for two in the Bistro cafe, and late checkout at 3pm. SCAM. silk rose petals were plastic, only receieved 3 little chocolate truffles and was refused more at front desk, hot breakfast was a 2 choice option that let you get the cheapest breakfast on the menu and was a very small portion, and was called at 1:30 pm and was TOLD TO LEAVE EARLY UNLESS I WANTED TO EXTEND MY VISIT?! The worst part of the time there was the FILTHY BATHTUB. I brought my own bubbles from home and put them in the tub after leaving and coming back after 10 minutes, the bubbles had brought all the dirt and pubic hair from the bottom of the tub that was obviously not cleaned and there was a film of dirt and hair on top of the bubbles. Totally disgusted. check out pics i uploaded of dirt in tub. Beautiful room and hotel but looks are decieving my friends.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hazel1956
CYManagerDanbury, General Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this review, January 4, 2011
Dear Hazel 1956,

As I stated in our phone conversation, I hope you will accept my apology for not having an entirely exceptional experience at our Danbury Courtyard. I can assure you that I have reviewed your comments with my staff and we are working on those areas which were not up to your expectations. Providing feedback is an important tool in providing quality and excellent customer service to each and every one of our guests. Thank you for contributing to the overall success of our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you to the Danbury area again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2010

We spent one night in Danbury in december. The room was nice, big enough and clean.
The hotal is well located close to the highway.
The only concern was about the bathtub, when we arrived a dark dust coming from the vent system was in the tub. All removed by fluching with water.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
CYManagerDanbury, General Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this review, January 24, 2011
Thank you for recognizing our convenient location off Intersate 84 East or West bound! The hotel has just been newly renovated with our new Bistro serving breakfast with freshly Brewed Starbucks, dinner and drinks. We are also proud of our Go Board for directions to all local companies, dining and Quik Print for all your Boarding Pass requirements. We are so sorry about the bathtub issue. Our engineers have been diligently performing preventative maintenance on each guest room and prehaps over zealous in their attempts to provide an exceptional hotel experience for you. They have been doubling back to check rooms before leaving them - this was great feedback and we are happy you enjoyed the large rooms. We look forward to hosting you in the Danbury area again very soon!
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2010

I've stayed her twice this past year- once as part of a wedding block, once on my own as Marriott Rewards stay. Both times, we found this hotel clean, convenient and worth the price.

The pool/jacuzzi are a very nice feature, as is the business center and free wireless internet. I have not experienced the food at all, so can't comment on that. The rooms are decorated nicely, clean and amenities are what i've come to expect from Marriott properties. The bed isn't the most comfortable one out there, but it works.

My last stay was this month, and I stayed for one night. In general, the stay was uneventful. However, that night we had a hard time sleeping due to a very loud person/group on our floor, which I endured until around 3AM. At that point, I called the front desk and asked them to handle this. I heard the person from the front desk come upstairs, knock on the door and tell the group to quiet down, for which I was appreciative. HOWEVER, I did not appreciate getting a phone call 15 minutes later telling me that they had taken care of the problem. Knowing the hour of the night and that I was trying to sleep, I would think common sense would dictate that they would forgo the follow-up call or follow up in the morning. That was actually pretty annoying, and I hope that this is not part of standard protocol for such situations.

Overall, I will continue to stay at this hotel because in general, it meets our needs and is very consistent in quality of service.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
CYManagerDanbury, General Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this review, November 30, 2010
Thank you so much for providing important feedback on your recent stay with us. Our policy and procedures are to provide superior guest service and I believe the agent auditor on duty felt this was a time to excel. Calling a guest back in the early hours when there are noise disturbances by other guests is not our normal protocol. Again we do try our best to make sure all of our guests are as comfortable as possible and follow up is key to our success. Again thank you for your comments regarding our newly renovated rooms. We hope the next time you visit with us you will have time to dine for breakfast and Starbucks or dinner and a drink in our Bistro.
Rockville Centre New York, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for one night after a wedding. Check-in was quick and painless. Although our room turned out to be just off the elevator, we didn't hear a thing during the night; pretty good soundproofing. The room was spacious and very clean, great bed. The rest of the hotel was also very nice; there are some outdoor seating areas, a small pool, and the decor is very modern-looking. My only disappointment was with the breakfast; the wedding couple offered a continental breakfast for their guests (apparently breakfast isn't included in a stay here); the fruit salad was old, and the pastries tasted as if they came from a box. Coffee ran out fairly early as well, and it took a while for them to get on that. On the upside, there is a little cafe that sells drinks (including alcohol) and snacks, late into the night. Check out was equally easy; the staff was quick and friendly.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
New Haven, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2009

Awful customer service toward wedding party and guests on wedding night. Sharon the night manager was not accommodating and turned the wedding night into a nightmare. If you are thinking about using this hotel to accommodate your guest please reconsider.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank krg770
Titusville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2009

The hotel was clean an well managed. There is construction in the lobby. At first it appears that there is a free breakfast buffet but it is not. The breakfast restaurant is on the quality of what you would find at Hampton in and was pricy for what they served. We had an omlette that was not good and a passable, self made, Belgian Waffle. That was when we decided to eat elsewhere for the remainder of our 6 day trip. The rooms were newly renovated and very comfortable.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2009

Fantastic hotel. We stayed in one of the upscale rooms with a hot tub and king bed. Everything was as nice as you could hope. Breakfast on site (not sure if free; we didn't have time for breakfast), and free internet in the room. Very nice staff, and warm cookies on check-in. Nothing bad to say about this hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business