“Wonderful”
Review of Courtyard Danbury

Courtyard Danbury
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
Reviewed December 23, 2009

Fantastic hotel. We stayed in one of the upscale rooms with a hot tub and king bed. Everything was as nice as you could hope. Breakfast on site (not sure if free; we didn't have time for breakfast), and free internet in the room. Very nice staff, and warm cookies on check-in. Nothing bad to say about this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Danbury

Reviewed November 12, 2009

Spacious room. Poor or no service. Electronic key wouldn't work for pool, exercise room or parking lot door entry.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2009

I had recently stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Danbury as my fiancee and I were going to a wedding in nearby Brookfield.
We stayed for 1 night and we were both very impressed with the hotel. The room inself was very large and had king sized bed along with a couch, a desk, LCD TV, and a large bathroom.
The only negative about the hotel, was the size of the pool. It was not a huge deal, it was nice that they had a pool to offer and they also had a hot tub, but the actual pool was very small.
We would definatley stay there again as the rate through the wedding block was very resonable and most things in Danbury were close by.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2009

The night of September 19 was supposed to be one of the happiest nights of my life and it was up until about 10:45pm when my new husband and I arrived at our jacuzzi suite at the Courtyard Marriott in Danbury, CT. The room was beautiful & the jacuzzi looked inviting. We did arrive with a group of guests (about 10 - most of which were staying at the Courtyard themselves). Being that we had just gotten married and our friends & family were happy for us, there was some noise, but within seconds we were approached by Sharon, the manager on duty at the time, to quiet down. About 20 minutes later, we received another knock at the door about noise & immediately kicked all of our guests out (which was a MAJOR mood kill). At that point, my husband & I began running the jacuzzi & reminiscing about our wonderful wedding. We received another knock at the door about noise, which at this point was ludicrous since we were talking & using the hotel amenities provided. My husband tried to go to the front desk to diffuse the situation where he was told if there was another complaint about noise, the cops would be called. We realized at this point, that the fun was over & we went to bed. About 30 minutes later, there was another knock at the door, and this time it was the Danbury Police Department. We were both almost asleep & answered the door in our pajamas. We managed to smooth things over with the cops, but at that point I realized that consummating our marriage was out of the question if running water & talking was considered enough noise to call the cops. We realized that our only choice was to leave, since the cops said that if they had to come back here, someone was getting arrested. Around 12:30 am, we checked out of the hotel. We were charged for a full nights stay in a luxury jacuzzi suite (for which I will be demanding a refund from the coordinator that I worked with to reserve a block of rooms for my guests). We were told by Sharon at the front desk that she had to honor ONE guests' repeated complaints about the "noise" & since her managerial skills are severely lacking, she felt the only way to do this was to call the cops on a bride & groom whom had only spent about 2 hrs in their hotel room on their WEDDING NIGHT. I tried to reason with her, asking if perhaps we could have been moved or if the grumpy guest could have been moved & she explained that was out of the question at 12:00am. So much for being accommodating to newlyweds who had brought over a thousand dollars of out of town business to their hotel. So much for understanding that it was our wedding night, that we were HAPPY & in a celebratory mood. By this point, based on the absolute disrespect that we were showed and the complete lack of courtesy from management, I was absolutely livid. While venting my frustrations based on the circumstances & the lack of cooperation, Sharon threatened to call the cops again. I'm sure Danbury tax payers would love to hear the misuse of their police department to ruin the night of two newlyweds who were trying to celebrate their marriage. I believe that even the cops felt foolish when they arrived at a silent, dark hotel room on a noise complaint only to see the door answered by a bride & groom in their pajamas. Needless to say, I visited several hotels & hand picked Courtyard Marriott of Danbury based on their beautiful rooms and apparent friendly service. Little did I know that we would have to leave the hotel room after a two hours to accommodate one guest (who had to get up at 3am - I failed to see how that was my problem). I am very disappointed in the way that Sharon handled herself and her staff. I am even more disappointed that I asked dear friends & family to stay at Courtyard Marriott based on the complete lack of respect that was shown to us and our guests.

• Stayed: September 2009
2  Thank DisrespectedBride
lisabrady, General Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2009

The feedback we receive from our guests is vitally important to help us grow and become the best we can be, and for that we thank you for your comments. It is never our intent to provide anything less than superior customer service to each and every guest. We recognize you feel as though we failed you in that attempt during your visit. As mentioned in your comments, we are honored, that you hand picked us from numerous hotels in Danbury based on our newly renovated rooms and high standard of cleanliness. We continue to strive to be the best hotel in Danbury.

Reviewed June 2, 2009

Front Office staff courteous but without any warmth. With numerous incoming calls of rather long durations, the waiting time for checking-in was rather long.

Room was comfortable and clean - standard Marriott experience.

Breakfast spread was avearge and more variety could be added.

Not exactly good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2009

This hotel is by far the best one available in Danbury. The rooms are spacious and clean with free internet access. Perfect for business travellers.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2008

I've stayed at the hotel the last two yrs on the Wed prior to Thanksgiving. Its been a convenient stopping point between Boston and NJ. The hotel itself is easy to get to from Rt. 84. Check-in was quick and easy. In both cases I used my Marriott points, and in both cases, I had no issues using my Marriott point.

The room was comfortable for 4 people. It was clean, had two queen beds, a desk. It has free Internet ( both wired and wireless ). The bathroom was small, but was clean. The only compliant about the room was some peeling wallpaper. It was a standard Courtyard room that was in generally good shape.

The hotel has a pool. The pool was small, but my two small kids had a fun.

One of the best features about the hotel is the chain restaurants within 1 mile. Bertucci's and Outback are just off the hotel property. There is a Houlihan's on the property, but not attached.

We ate at the breakfast buffet both times. At little pricy for adults at 11.95, but the kid prices 5.95 and free ( for me 4/6 yr olds ), make the average cost more than acceptable. The food was hot and good. My only complaint on the buffet is the waffle iron needs replacement. I can't understand why they haven't replaced a $100 waffle iron. The iron that exists cannot be used by customers to make a waffle.

Overall, another great Marriott Courtyard.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family