“Great hotel in a good location for business in Danbury”
Review of Courtyard Danbury

Courtyard Danbury
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Courtyards are pretty standard across the country and this one in Danbury is exceptional because of its good location and set up. The hotel is clean, welcoming, and comfortable. There are great restaurants in the parking lot - the steakhouse is a great place. The staff here are knowledgeable about the area and helpful as well. Excellent place to stay in Danbury.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Nick H, General Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Broctoon,

Thank you so much for your most recent review of our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you felt as though our hotel was exceptional, and that the services, amenities, and knowledgeable staff helped you relax while working in Danbury. We look forward for the next opportunity to serve you, if you return to Danbury for business, or pleasure!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Danbury

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We have stayed here before as we are passing through and very good. Staff was nice and everything very clean. There are restaurants in the area and we went to Applebee's which is close by. They have all the amenities most Marriotts have but I like when there is brewed coffee in the lobby for us early risers, yes we have pot in room but not the same. We will stay here again.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick H, General Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Susan F,

Thank you for your most recent review of our Courtyard Danbury. It pleases me to hear that you enjoyed our staff service and amenities, and that you felt everything was very clean. I am sorry to hear that you miss the complimentary coffee available in the lobby, but I will pass along your remarks to Marriott. If you return to Danbury in the near future, please know that the Starbucks® coffee is available all day and I would be happy to craft the drink of your choice! We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Spent a night here for business. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very nice. My breakfast was very good. Great choice for business travelers. I would stay here again and would recommend to anyone who was looking at a reliable hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear skione,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your kind sentiments regarding your experience at our hotel! I am very glad to hear that you thought our hotel was very clean and appointed with friendly staff and a very good breakfast. I am pleased that we enabled you to enjoy your time in Danbury while on business, and greatly appreciate your recommendation as well. We hope to see you again soon if your travels return you to Danbury.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights on business. I was really impressed by most of the hotel staff that I came in contact with. When I checked in I was starving but too tired to drive, the hotel has restaurants within walking distance, as well as, a great sushi restaurant right in the same parking lot. Jessica recommended the restaurant to me because I told her that I didn't feel like driving. I was really satisfied as the food was fresh and delicious. The room that I stayed in was spacious and clean. Blaine who works in the Bistro delivered amazing customer service both nights that I stayed. I was too tired to go out to eat and so I just grabbed a bite at the Bistro. Blaine was professional, knowledgeable about the menu items and went above and beyond in the customer service category. I loved the team work that I witnessed at the hotel it made me want to work there. The Bistro got really busy and Jamie from the front desk saw this and ran right over to assist in taking orders and ringing up a guest who was waiting. I thought that that was awesome! I was impressed. In the morning I needed to get my packages into my car, that I had mailed to the hotel. Gloria at the front desk didn't hesitate to offer help. She said that I could just pull my car around and she would put the packages on a trolley and bring it out to the car. The customer service was great! As was the food at the Bistro. I didn't miss going to a restaurant and they had a lot to choose from.

My only issue would be with the noisy housekeeping staff. They were all talking extremely loud early in the morning right outside of the rooms. I went out in the hall to get some extra towels as I wouldn't need my room to be serviced and I found a group of housekeepers just hanging out, one texting or something on her cell phone and the rest of them just standing around their carts talking extremely loud. They were not discussing work or training or anything. They were definitely not cleaning.They were discussing personal issues and very loud in Spanish. It took me an hour to get ready from the time I asked for extra towels for the next night and when I left my room they were in the same spot still talking loud. I think that this is unacceptable. The rooms were clean but I have never seen that many housekeeping staff on one floor.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 4th floor corner and away from the elevator. The walls are thin and you can hear...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Nick H, General Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear LJG77,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your most recent visit to our hotel. All of us here at the Courtyard certainly appreciate the kind words which you shared regarding your visit, and your mention of our level of customer service. I am very happy to hear that Jessica, Blaine, Gloria, and Jamie were able to leave a memorable impression during your stay, and I will certainly congratulate them on their extraordinary efforts to see that you were well taken care of during your visit to our hotel. However; allow me to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during the morning. I will certainly express your concerns with the Executive Housekeeper and we will address the situation. Should you ever return to Danbury, either for business or pleasure, we would love to have you back for another great stay!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed in this hotel because it was near the wedding venue we were attending in Danbury. My room was very clean and comfortable they had a very nice Starbucks cafe for breakfast. Staff was helpful and polite. The only negative was the cigarette butts on the balcony they really need to keep the balconies clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick H, General Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Iepish,

Thank you so much for the kind remarks regarding your most recent visit to our facility. I am glad to hear that our close proximity to the wedding venue was an added bonus to the relaxing atmosphere and Starbucks® in our Bistro restaurant. I am glad to hear that your interaction with our staff was positive, and I will certainly address your concerns regarding the balconies with our housekeeping department. Should your travels return you to Danbury, we would love to have you here.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at tis Marriott several time over the past 2 years & every time my stay has been pleasant! But for the stay in Oct 2012 it was great! We had a block of rooms for our wedding weekend & had our farewell brunch on property which was convenient for all of our guests. They also allowed us to have an after party in the spacious room right off the lobby free of charge which we brought our own food & alcohol to & stayed up talking & enjoying time together & nobody bothered us or told us to quiet down or call it a night at all! It was a really great weekend in a convenient location!

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Stephanie D,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to leave feedback regarding your most recent visit to our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that your wedding weekend was very pleasant and overall a huge success. We are very thankful that you chose our hotel to host your out-of-town guests and your post-wedding brunch. We certainly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and will look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights because we came to see a show at the Ridgefield Playhouse. We had a suite which was a great room. It has a separate bedroom and it is very well laid out. There is also a sink and microwave in the living room area. The bathroom sink has a very large countertop which makes it very easy for 2 people to share. The room was very clean and the linens smelled fresh. This hotel is located very close to shopping and restaurants and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Debs0712,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding our hotel! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed everything about the suite, from the layout to the overall cleanliness. I hope that you also enjoyed the show at the Ridgefield Playhouse, and hope to see you soon should you decide to visit the local area in the future.

General Manger