“Pleasant stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
Poinciana, Florida
“Pleasant stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed here last week for my niece's wedding. The hotel staff was friendly and greeted us immediately upon our arrival. A block of rooms was reserved for out of town guests. I reserved our room in January and requested an end room, away from the elevator. My request was granted, but sadly, it was at the other end of the hall, away from other members of our party. I understand there were 2 other wedding parties staying at the hotel at the same time. Anyway, I found our room to be very comfortable and clean. Plenty of fresh towels and even a sofa to add extra comfort. Not being familiar with the area, it seemed to be in a good location. From what I saw it was centrally located.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Lil P
Nick H, General Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Lil P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your most recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate all feedback which we receive from each guest, as we continually strive to provide outstanding service to all of our guests. It pleases me to hear that you were immediately met with a warm welcome by the staff, and that your experiences were favorable while staying for your niece’s wedding. I’m also glad to hear that your overall stay was enjoyable and that your reservation request was met, although I apologize that we could not accommodate both your request and proximity to the other members of your party. Should you ever return to the Danbury area we would love to have the opportunity to serve you again!

Nick Hazel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Brewster, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I usually have no issues but ....a/c not working granted first hot weekend and did have a tech try and fix .,who was very nice .. Then got home and glitch with room rate an extra 100 appeared several days later on bill ... Confusion with special wedding rate! All issues were handled thanks to John ops manager !! Surprised perhaps 3 weddings that weekend was too much for staff ! I chalk it up to not their normal ..,

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Capecolleen
Nick H, General Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Capecolleen,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate all guest feedback as it enables us to improve upon our services and amenities for each and every guest. I would like to apologize about the A/C unit malfunctioning during your stay, but I am glad to hear that we responded to the issue in a timely fashion, and that the interaction which you had with our engineer was pleasant. Although I’m sorry there was an issue with your final bill, I’m very pleased to hear that John met your expectations in resolving it. Should you need any further assistance, please know that we are all very willing to help. If you should find yourself in Danbury again, we would love to host your return visit to the area!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Although the hotel itself was very well kept and clean with plenty of things to do in the downtime. I loved that they offered a gym and a pool.

I wasn't quite pleased with the Bistro. I came down a little after 9pm maybe 920pm and I wanted to order some food and the young man said that the kitchen was closed and I asked what time they closed and he said 10pm. Does not make any sense to me at all as to why I couldn't order any food. Breakfast service is was way better than the dinner service at times.

I don't think ill be returning in the near future.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Nick H, General Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear tttran09,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate all feedback which we receive and work to continuously improve our services to better meet the needs of our guests. I will definitely share your remarks with our housekeeping staff, as we take great pride in the level of cleanliness here at our hotel. Our gym and indoor pool are great additions to our facility, and I am pleased with the fact that you enjoyed utilizing the facilities while staying with us. I am also glad to hear that you had a nice experience in the Bistro for breakfast, but I am disappointed to hear that your evening experience was less than favorable. I would like to apologize for any confusion which may have arisen from this experience, and I will be sure to review this with my Bistro Supervisor to ensure that we are opening and closing at the proper times. Should you return to Danbury in the near future I would like you to give our dinner another chance, and experience what we have to offer.

New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stated at the Marriott over the week-end to attend a family wedding. The location was great; right next door was a sushi restaurant and an Angus steak house. Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy were close by.
The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. They had a lounge and a sandwich place right inside the lobby! They even had a small bar :).
I forgot my iPhone charger, The general manager, Nick, went out of his way to lend me his charger. The staff could not have been any nicer and helpful!
I would definitely recommend this faculty to anyone who needs to stay in Danbury!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nick H, General Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Rachelke,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your most recent stay with us. We appreciate the positive feedback and I personally would like to thank you on behalf of our staff for your kind sentiments regarding the service which you experienced while staying over the weekend for the family wedding. The Black Angus and Ki Asian Bistro are excellent restaurants and I'm glad to hear that you were able to enjoy them while staying with us. I'm also happy that I was able to help you by lending you my charger! We hope that if your travels ever return you to Danbury that you will choose our hotel to host you on your return visit. We hope to see you again!

Epping, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

If you are heading to Danbury you'll be hard pressed to find a better place to stay. Attentive service, great location, good breakfast, comfortable beds, modern lobby and much more. I try to stay at Courtyards to have a dependable experience however I have not run into a better managed property. Big thank you to Amy at the front desk and Lisa at the bistro - always a friendly smile and good conversation.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nick H, General Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Jfalkingham,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for the kind remarks regarding your experiences here at our hotel. It is feedback such as this from our valued guests which assures us that we are providing the best service that we can. I will be sure to congratulate Amy and Lisa as well, and I thank you for mentioning them! Should I ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out. We look forward to your next visit to Danbury!

San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is a nice property with easy access to everything. I ve stayed here twice and both times I was upgraded to a Jr suite so that is a big plus. Rooms were clean and as expected I had a VERY comfortable bed. Yes the Bistro downstairs is a nice addition to the Coutyards. Food prices are just slightly higher than similar items at another venue in town-not a whole lot though. Yet I can have my meal at night without stepping out from the hotel.
My only complaint is that at other Courtyards, coffee is available and free througout the day, but not here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Titus42
Nick H, General Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Titus42,

I would like to thank you for your kind remarks regarding your most recent visit to our hotel which you have shared through TripAdvisor. We would certainly like thank you for staying with us and we are happy to hear that you appreciated the complimentary upgrades and comfortable beds! As with the addition of the Bistro, Starbucks coffee is available for purchase in the lobby, but complimentary coffee remains available in the guestrooms. Should you ever return to the Danbury area, we would love to have you here!

Marlton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

The Marriott brand rarely disappoints and I can honestly say I've never had a bad stay. This hotel was recently renovated and had a very clean feel. The staff was very friendly and would definitely return when back in the area.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nick H, General Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Fynride1,

I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your most recent stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Danbury, CT. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the newly refreshed look of our renovation and appreciated the service which you experience from our staff during your visit. Should you return to the area as stated, we would definitely look forward to the opportunity to serve you again!