“Great stay, lots of great amenities”
Review of Courtyard Danbury

Courtyard Danbury
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
Brooklyn, New York
“Great stay, lots of great amenities”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Arrived a bit early on a weekend where the hotel was packed with weddings, was checked in immediately and given room keys. Staff was very friendly and there was plenty of parking. Hotel room was big and clean with a comfortable bed. There is a fire pit out back which was very cool, i did not use but there was a small pool as well as a hot tub. I have paid three times more for hotels much worse. The lobby has a good restaurant for breakfast (was not free though) and there is a black angus restaurant right next door. Only advice is that while there is plenty to do in Danbury....because of the hotels location it is not really possible to walk anywhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Nick H, General Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear Nolan,

We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay at our Courtyard by Marriott Danbury. We do try to accommodate early check in when available and hope this was a benefit to you. Our Bistro breakfast is a wonderful and convenient amenity to offer our guests and I am glad you were able to take advantage of this as well. We look forward to another opportunity to have you as our guest again. Thank you for your time.

Nick Hazel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Massachusetts
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

For the price, I suppose the room was ok. They were cleaning carpets the week we were there - and the smell was horrendous. Surely they could have not put guests in rooms being cleaned that day, but I found a note on the bed warning me that the carpets might be damp - which I noted at the same time that I noticed my socks were soaked through. NASTY! There was no hair dryer in the room - just a hole in the wall where I think there used to be one. I found 1 small ant in the bathroom. All in all, I wasn't that impressed and generally expect more from Courtyards... There is a nice steak house in the parking lot.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank SMa1983
Nick H, General Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear BarHarbor2009,

I would like to start by sincerely apologizing for any inconveniences you may have experienced at our hotel. In our commitment to continuously offer the highest quality products and services, we clean our carpets on a regular basis using a trusted company which has a long-standing relationship with our hotel. Our hairdryers have recently been replaced with a new portable option which is not affixed to the wall, but placed in the armoire, giving out guests’ greater mobility. In closing, I am pleased to hear that your stay was Ok, but it is my hope that you give our hotel another chance if you return to the area. I’m confident our commitment to guest satisfaction will result in a positive experience.

Fredericton, Nb
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night during our travels between Florida and Canada. The room was beautiful. It was very large with a balcony, two comfy beds and even a reasonable sofa bed and it was immaculately clean. The front desk service was efficient and had us checked in quickly. The location provided convenient access to the highway and any amenity that you may need. We would certainly stay here again if the opportunity presented itself.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Nick H, General Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear RebeccaKiraHannah,

I want to personally thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings regarding your most recent visit to our Courtyard by Marriott in Danbury, CT. I am very happy to hear that our facility enabled you to relax on your travels between Florida and Canada, and that our level of service and our amenities enhanced your overall experience while staying at our location. Should the opportunity present itself in the future, I would be honored if you chose to stay with us.

Fairfax, Vermont
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stayed at this hotel on 09/06 and 09/07 2012. The king bed was hard as a rock, like sleeping in a sleeping bag on the ground. The heated pool was cold by my standards and the "hot tub" was luke warm. The motel was hosting a anniversary party on 09/07 and someone from this group decided at 12:50 am to pull the fire alarm. While returning to our room in the elevator an hour after the alarm was cleared three drunk anniversary party guests were deciding if they should wait another hour and pull the alarm again. The alarm puller was identified by the police but as far as I know they were still at the motel the next morning.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Brian B,

I would like to start by sincerely apologizing for your less than memorable experience at our hotel. The events which took place on that weekend were inexcusable. Thank you for the feedback on our pool and whirlpool. I will personally review the temperatures with our maintenance staff to make sure they meet the health code regulations. Our mattresses have recently been replaced with Sealy pillow top mattresses and we hope this will address the comfort of our future guests. In closing, it is my hope that you give our hotel another chance if you return to the area. I’m confident our commitment to guest satisfaction will result in a positive experience.

Trumbull, Connecticut
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for my daughters wedding. As I entered the lobby I noticed a long table with framed congratulation letters to each of the couples who were getting married that week-end. There were direction to the reception halls from the hotel placed by each couples frame. It was a nice touch and I noticed that there were several wedding parties at the hotel that week-end. We had a room with 2 double beds. The room was large enough for the wedding party to get dressed. The closets are not very tall. We borrowed a luggage rack from the lobby to hang the brides dress. The train had to be spread out and there was room for the rack and the dress. The only negative was that the Bistro closes for lunch. I went down and bought sandwiches from the market in the lobby for the girls. They were $8.00 each and the bread was stale. The girls just picked at the turkey and cheese and threw the bread away. I should have asked for a refund. The staff will do anything for you. They stored dinners that we had from the reception and brides cake top in their refrigerator overnight. We had our after party at the Black Angus Restaurant which was a few steps from the hotel. We only had a few quest stay over and ate breakfast at the Bistro in the morning. It was okay. I think this was a good choice for a wedding party and guest . There are restaurants close by.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Nick H, General Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Dear Traveler33951,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave your thoughts on this TripAdvisor review. It is through feedback such as this that we may grow and strive to achieve the highest levels of service for our guests.

It pleases me to hear that your stay was exceptional and that there were certain touches which you appreciated and found noteworthy. Our Sales Coordinator Jennifer does do a fantastic job with the wedding reception welcome tables and I am glad to hear that her hard work is appreciated. I will definitely pass along the positive feedback! As for our Bistro, I do apologize that we are closed for lunch, but the sandwiches and salads in The Market are made fresh daily. I, myself, frequently purchase and eat the food from the market and I also do find the Sourdough bread to be a bit dry, but possibly given this feedback Marriott may choose to opt for another choice of bread going forward.

In closing, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott in Danbury, CT. Should you ever return to the area we would love to have you stay with us!

Hamden, Connecticut
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed in a suite at the Courtyard by Marriott for our son's wedding. All of the guests were very happy with the hotel and the location. The hotel staff was very attentive to our every request. We hosted a brunch on Sunday morning at the hotel and it was excellent. We recommend this hotel as the place to stay for weddings in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sandra G,

On behalf of the team here at the Courtyard by Marriott in Danbury, CT. I would like to thank you for the time which you have taken to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is through feedback such as yours that our hotel can continuously inspire us to deliver service indicative of your review.

I’m very pleased to hear that your son’s wedding went very well and that the brunch which was hosted for the party was also a success. I know that weddings are a very special time in one’s life and I appreciate that you chose to make us part of such a memorable experience. If ever in the future your travels return you to the Danbury area, I would be honored to host you and your family again!

Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I stayed here one night on the way back from N.H. The staff was professional and courteous and the room was wonderful. One of the best Courtyards that I have stayed at in the past.
I liked that there was food available up to 10 pm on that Saturday night. There is a restaurant next door but it looked crowded.
I will stay here again if the opportunity presents itself. This place goes on my list of preferred motels.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Nick H, General Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear OTRTraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your most recent review of our hotel. It is through feedback such as yours that we can continually strive to provide the highest levels of service to better suit our guests. I am glad that you were pleased with our associates and that you were able to utilize our Bistro as a dining option on Saturday evening.

We look forward to the opportunity to host you in the future, and thank you for adding us to your list of preferred hotels!