All reviews black angus grill front desk parking lot marriott brand large bathroom fire pit air conditioning late checkout comfortable bed nice amenities only stayed one night room rate king room bistro wedding lobby abby
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I have spent several visits at this venue, when on business in the region and I have always found the staff and facilities to be top notch. Great value for this hotel!

Room tip: The venue offers breakfast and dinner in their restaurant, which is very cost effective and great for a quick bite when one doesn't want to venture out!
Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Nick H, General Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear DBG047,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your past visit to our Courtyard by Marriott Danbury. I am excited to hear that on numerous occasions you were pleased with not only our facility, but also our staff service overall. We thank you again for your feedback on our Courtyard by Marriott Danbury and look forward to the next opportunity to have you as our guest

Nick Hazel

Reviewed February 5, 2012

The staff does an excellent job and the rooms are spotless. We couldn't ask for a better hotel experience.

Date of stay: February 2012
1  Thank hollywud34

Dear hollywud34,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments about your recent visit to our Courtyard by Marriott Danbury. I am pleased to hear that you had a spotless room and were truly moved by our staff service, as this is something which we strive to continuously improve. We thank you again for your feedback on our Courtyard by Marriott Danbury and look forward to the next opportunity to have you as our guest

Nick Hazel

Reviewed November 20, 2011

I've stayed numerous times here at the Courtyard. The hotel itself is very nice with comfortable rooms. They are finished with the remodel which I think they did a nice job with. My rpoblem is the price. Over the past couple years they have steadily risen in comparison to other like hotels in the local area. Since the remodel it just seems worse. The rooms are expensive, the food and beverages are expensive and since they have their Starbucks coffee counter, the normal free coffiee is no longer available. In the the future I will be staying at the Hampton or Ethan Allen just down the street.

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
CYManagerDanbury, General Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

Dear Jon and Stephanie

Thank you so much for the positive feedback on our renovations. We do offer a wonderful Bistro breakfast and dinner daily. The complimentary coffee is still available for our guests every morning located in our lounge area of the hotel. In order to provide an outstanding product and be number one in our market we price ourselves competitively with our amenities offered. We do appreciate that some of the other hotels in the market may price themselves lower than our hotel, we can assure you our guest service is worth the price. Please let us know the next time you are traveling through the area and we can assist with insuring you are the best rate for the amenities offered.

Reviewed November 17, 2011

I stayed at the hotel as part of a wedding room block and I was enjoying my stay until I was woken up the next morning by a ridiculously loud noise right outside my window. After about 20 mins of being extremely disturbed by this noise I got up to peek outside and try and investigate. I was shocked when I (dressed in only a t-shirt) opened up the curtain and found a landscaper a foot away from me on my room’s patio using a leaf blower. I called the front desk and ask to speak to a manager, the front desk agent basically refused to put her on the phone saying she would let her know I was complaining and they would see what they could do. After about a half hour more of not even being able to watch TV because it was so loud, I decided I needed to check out and get out of there as fast as possible. As it was my head was starting to pound - definitely not the quiet enjoyment you expect when paying for a hotel room. When I went to check out, I asked to speak to the manager again. I was told by the desk agent that she had already relayed my complaint and there’s nothing they could do. Seriously? I didn’t ask for your standard response, I asked to speak to the manager. It was like pulling teeth to get the woman to get off her youknowwhat and come out to talk to me. As a long time hotel employee I know that problems will happen, I also know that the key to diffusing a situation with a guest has everything to do with management response. When the “general manager” came out, her attitude toward me was abhorrent. She never apologized for the issue (rule number one in customer service), she just gave me the runaround and clearly didn’t feel the need to address my concern. On top of that, after I mentioned I work at a hotel, she told me I should know better. Excuse me? What kind of a general manager speaks to a paying guest this way? I was shocked and as a result became ten times more angry than I was when I approached the desk. This woman has no business managing anything. I told her I did know better, I know that a hotel should never have people making that much noise RIGHT outside an occupied room at 9am, and that I also know the hotel I work for would NEVER do that because we value our guests. She just looked at me with a condescending smile and shrugged like she could care less about my absolutely legitimate complaint; I’m sure once I turned my back she rolled her eyes. I have stayed at 3 Courtyard Marriott’s in the last few months and now I can honestly say because of her attitude, blatant disrespect and rudeness, I will never stay at one again. If this is who the Marriott hires to represent one of their properties they definitely need to rethink that strategy. Don’t waste your time and money on this place; they could care less about their guests, or their brand for that matter. I will add that the lobby has been renovated recently, I think that money would have been much better spent with some customer service training…or a new GM.

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
6  Thank KCG79
CYManagerDanbury, General Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2011

Thank you for your recent review our of hotel. We are glad you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and lobby. Please let me again apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay. The landscaping company did move to the side of the building when it was relayed to them there was a guest complaint about the noise. If you would like to discuss further please contact me directly at the hotel at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

My husband and I booked the whirlpool suite, and - like an idiot - I forgot the honeymoon registry card that was needed to pay for the room about 1000 miles away. We were running late for a wedding, and it looked like, instead of our romantic room, we would miss the wedding And have to sleep in the reception parking lot! But Gloria (THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!) not only took care of everything so we'd have a room to stay in that night, she also fixed it so that we could have the room we originally booked and let us check in and head out to make it to the wedding in time while she ironed out the booking details. We didn't miss one moment of our dear friends' "I Do"s and enjoyed a room that was clean, quiet, comfortable, and a check out that was simple and easy. Everything worked out wonderfully, and we can't thank the staff of the Courtyard Danbury enough. These folks went Waaaaay out of their way for us, and they've got loyal customers in us for life. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank OneGratefulCouple

Dear OneGratefulCouple
Thank you so much for the wondering posting. We are so glad that excellent customer service was not only what you expected but what you also received during your stay! Gloria is one of our seasoned guest service agents and was delighted that she was recognized for outstanding guest service. We look forward to hosting you in the Danbury area again. I am so glad you had a great time at the wedding and enjoyed the benefits of our wonderful hotel.