“BEST MEAL THE WHOLE TRIP”
Review of Bertucci's - CLOSED

Bertucci's
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Yum! I had steak the one night w/ a peach bellini, soup, and a side of roasted vegetables. Best meal the whole trip. Went back for pizza another night. Fantastic!!! A bit pricey but worth every penny.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We went on a fairly busy night. We were seated immediately, but it was quite some time before our server even so much as greeted us. Then it was quite some time before we got our drinks. Fortunately, the food was made quickly and it was delicious!
I'd say my review is more of a 3.5, but I rounded it up since we seemed to have caught them on an off night. Our server mentioned something about a power outage earlier in the evening. Understandable, but had he just said "hello, I'll be with you in a minute" instead of making us wait 15 minutes before acknowledging us, it would have made all the difference in the world!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

My family and I were in the Danbury area so decided to give Bertucci's Danbury a try. It is about 50 minutes from my home and figured it was easier to eat up there while shopping. Well, it was a great decision. The restaurant itself is very relaxed and informal but not like a pizzeria either... much nicer. The staff was not only knowledgable but couldn't do enough to make our visit there the best that it could be. The waitresses were above and beyond any place I've been and blew any staff at upper scale restaurants away in friendliness and efficiency. We had our grandson with us and they took time to learn his name and play with him too! I should also mention here how a handicapped man walked in and the waitress was SO helpful and kind to him that it just warmed my heart to see such nice humanity. So now the food... There were about eight of us and we all had something different. Everyone was absolutely thrilled with their meal and we had little leftovers to bring home and not because the portions were small but because we wanted to eat it all! The pizza was absolutely delicious and the meals were as well! We enjoyed the combination appetizer platter which was great because it gave us a little taste of everything. Now I would be unfair if I didn't mention the sangria. If you like sangria, you are going to LOVE Bertucci's sangria! Be careful... It goes down easy! So with this being said, we liked it so much that we gathered up the rest of the family and drove back the next night (didn't want to leave anyone out). They also enjoyed the food enormously and the service once again was great! For the money, service, and food... you cannot go wrong! I cannot wait to go back!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Bertucci's has one dish I can't get past - I order it each time I visit on travel; about once every other month. It's Frutti di Mare; a fisherman’s stew of mussels, shrimp and cod cooked/served in a light tomato and caper broth. This is GREAT, and for only $16.95 its a great deal. They bring bread with the dish - good thing, because the broth is good enough to soak up. I leave stuffed; I haven't gotten desert yet.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Friendly staff, fast service, good food. Have been here for several lunches and dinners, early and late. Only had to wait for a table once for a few minutes.