“Just what Danbury Needs.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Max 40

Max 40
Reserve with OpenTable
Max 40 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 275 Restaurants in Danbury
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Carmel, New York
“Just what Danbury Needs.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

We have been to Max 40 two times now and i have to say it is a great place to get a meal. The food is very good, and the wine list is just as good. Danbury was in need of an upscale place such as this. It has outdoor dining, bar side dinning then a dining room as well with tables and booths. The wait staff is incredible and attentive. And yes you can bring your kids there, we brought our two kids ages 10 and 4, there are plenty of things on the menu the kids can enjoy, my son loved the max 40 burger, and my daughter had some simple pasta with butter. Price wise, you get what you pay for, if you want a average so-so meal thats cheap go to apple bees but if you want a quality dinner, go to max 40 it is well worth it.

• Visited November 2012

New Fairfield, Ct
“Classy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Warm welcoming feeling in this large restaurant/bar...great service in the baroque setting in the dining area....I requested a change in sauce from the menu, and it was handled with no problem....the rest of my party enjoyed their meal ...so, go, enjoy

• Visited October 2012
Danbury, Connecticut
“Huge place but”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

It looks great from outside. Inside, it is like a giant dance hall, huge Bar is right in front when you walk int. This is not definitely cozy retaurant to enjoy meal. Food was also awful. We ordered Fried Calamari. It was greasy, sauce was no taste. I ordered Crabmeat Ravioli, my husband ordered seafood linguini. It was edible but not worth the price at all. Because the place is so big, there is no atmosphere whatsoever. I will never go back even they give me half price discount.

• Visited July 2012
Massapequa, NY
“Had a wonderful dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Don't know the area and this looked like a happening spot. All I can say was wow - everything down to the decor was so cool! We enjoyed the atmosphere and the food was delicious! I'm so glad we decided to spend our anniversary dinner here!

Visited October 2012
newtown
“decent decor - a little dark”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I recently had lunch at Max 40 these people must have spent a fortune making this former skating rink into a restaurant - nice job. I ordered the grilled chicken salad (never again) I was told by friends this place was great, maybe I just ordered the wrong thing. DRY chicken and average bag of mixed greens (needed dressing) I think they forgot it??? The chocolate mousse desert was good. The servers were nice and attentive.

• Visited September 2012