“Had a wonderful dinner”
Review of Max 40

Max 40
Reserve with OpenTable
Max 40 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 277 Restaurants in Danbury
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Massapequa, NY
“Had a wonderful dinner”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Don't know the area and this looked like a happening spot. All I can say was wow - everything down to the decor was so cool! We enjoyed the atmosphere and the food was delicious! I'm so glad we decided to spend our anniversary dinner here!

Visited October 2012

newtown
“decent decor - a little dark”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I recently had lunch at Max 40 these people must have spent a fortune making this former skating rink into a restaurant - nice job. I ordered the grilled chicken salad (never again) I was told by friends this place was great, maybe I just ordered the wrong thing. DRY chicken and average bag of mixed greens (needed dressing) I think they forgot it??? The chocolate mousse desert was good. The servers were nice and attentive.

• Visited September 2012
Ridgefield, Connecticut
“30 & under crowd.”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Previously called Barca and located on Mill Plain in the Panda House strip mall, the owner moved his restaurant across the street into a referbished building and took on the name MAX 40. Whereas Barca was a failed attempt at an upscale eatery, MAX 40 has targeted a less sophisticated market of young people in their early 30's

The atmosphere is quite nice, but the food was not up to the same standard. The fried calamari if not previously frozen took on that overcooked quality and was wrapped in heavy cornmeal. My $10.50 burger was ordered rare and came out well done. A SECOND TRY produced the same results.

The rocks drinks were something one might accept at happy-hour prices but a single measured 1 ounce pour of Scotch was 9.50. My wife had a "special" house martini which ran $10.00. It's no wonder most of the bar patrons were drinking domestic bottle beer.

So if you are looking to burn some bucks for the sake of mixing with other 30 year olds this is your place, otherwise Mill Plain has several other restaurants which offer greater value.

• Visited August 2012
Southington, Connecticut
“Great romantic dinner for two!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Ate at Max 40 last night and it was awesome. My wife and I had a beautiful booth with great salads, steaks and wine. The bar was hopping and the outside dining looked great as well. Looking forward to our next visit!

• Visited August 2012
Milford, Connecticut
“Great food and setting.”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

This place is HUGE! We ate outside where they had torches going and light jazz/latin playing in the background. The service was excellent as they were attentive and very eager to please. Husband said the carbonara was one of the best he's had. My Max 40 salad was excellent as was my chicken parmagiana. Hubby's veal dish was the only glitch...the breading was just a little soggy. All in all great experience and atmosphere is amazing. We felt like we were on vacation sitting outside. Was lovely, would definitely go back.

Visited May 2012