“Wow AMAZING HOTEL...HOME away from home for sure !”

Hilton Garden Inn Danbury
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
New York City, New York
“Wow AMAZING HOTEL...HOME away from home for sure !”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Wow what can I say? BEST HOTEL EVER!! Seriously...we know because we stayed there for 4 months while our daughter was dancing in NYC. We got to know the staff like family and we were there to see anything & everything!! The hotel is warm and welcoming....CLEAN and well kept. The breakfast staff is the best in the world...I suggest the french toast made by Arturo...he is ridiculous with the meals...and Vicky, Heather, Sue & Sam (I Am) will take care of all the rest! They will make you laugh and treat you like family quickly. It is such a friendly place I made lifelong friends with guests during our stay...it is that kind of place...it is like a home away from home, like a hotel should be. I am leaving out so many but here are a couple more...Mallory is amazing with her smile & colorful flowers in her hair. She even left gifts for my children knowing we would be there for a long stay to greet them as well as organized an Easter Egg Hunt for them both in the hotel...I can't say enough about the above and beyond here. The housekeeping is fantastic...hats off to Rosa & her crew. I used to do inspections for a living....I like a clean hotel...The hotel is clean, fresh and friendly. The front desk is ON TOP of it...they will greet you by name (Clay nicely done!) everytime and take care of your every need. I even called maintenance to kill a stinkbug and they did it with a smile. (Derek will make sure anything is fixed ASAP). I was so impressed staying here....Lisa (manager) has an amazing team and she keeps everyone happy and doing a fabulous job. Bravo Lisa. I miss everyone and without a doubt will be back whenever I need a hotel in the area. We are in Boston now...and I am sad to say...the danbury garden inn is putting everyone to shame..they set the bar so high...the shoes are too big to fill....! 5 stars and then some :) Oh I forgot so many but....cheers to Brianna at the front desk too...her smile will greet you and she will make you feel at home with her charm. Miss you all and can't wait to visit. I feel bad for the hotels we are at now...they have such big shoes to fill ! We are diamond members with Hilton Honors and this hotel is the reason we travel with Hilton when we travel. Thank you! LOL XO The Shaw Family

Room Tip: We liked the 4th floor :)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HiltonGardenDanbury, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Danbury, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review! It has been our pleasure to get to know you and your family. We thank you for allowing us to be your home away from home for a few months and we miss seeing you! We always want to make our guests feel welcome and taking care of them is priority number one! Be sure to visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Mallory and the rest of the staff at the Hilton Garden Inn made us (the bride and groom) and our wedding guests feel comfortable and cared for. From catered lunch to a banquet room for preparations, the hotel had a wealth of resources!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HiltonGardenDanbury, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Danbury, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you, Mary for taking the time to leave your comments on your stay! I am so glad to hear that you had a great stay, and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to take care of your friends and family on the special day!
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I travel very frequently on business and usually stay at a Hilton Garden Inn. They have become more consistent as a brand in the past 6 months, but this property is the best by far. Very nice decor inside, beautiful flowers and landscaping outside. The location is very convenient to the interstate, but the noise is buffered by a slight offsetting. I typically avoid eating dinners at my hotel, but we were pressed for time our first evening with the work that needed to be done. I was pleasantly surprised at how good our food and service were. If I am back in this area, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HiltonGardenDanbury, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Danbury, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for your review of the hotel, we appreciate the time you took to leave your comments! It sounds like you had a great stay, I am glad that the hotel met your needs and that the restaurant exceeded your expectations for dinner! The food and staff are great. We hope to see you again soon!
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed July 17, 2014

This is the fourth time I visit Danbury for work. I have to say that everything works very well at the hilton garden inn. The employees are very kind and nice to everyone, the room is perfect, well cleaned, with everything that I need (I like very much the fact of having a nice coffee machine). The waitress are very good too. My only complaint is the size of the pool which is small and does not allow you to swim much. It is also great to have a laundry on the weekends if you forgot to use the valet. So far, the best in town (better than crowne plaza)!

Room Tip: Eat at the hotel, the food and attention is very good. Also you can save hotel points with Hilton hh...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank martin g
HiltonGardenDanbury, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Danbury, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel, we appreciate your feedback! I am glad to hear that you have had great stays while visiting the area, we try to take great care of our guests! Thank you for your loyalty and we will see you soon!
Little Falls
Reviewed July 17, 2014

What a beautiful hotel, inside and out we were very impressed with the decor and the friendly staff. The business center was the nicest I've seen, rare to see a real professional copy/printer machine! But the best part of our stay was hands down the breakfast! The servers, Heather and Vicki were so efficient, I never even had to ask for a coffee refill! We had omelettes, crepes, and waffles with fresh berries...really?? Seriously, I've never been offered crepes with hollandase sauce, which happens to be my favorite breakfast! Thanks HGI of Danbury!! We will be back for sure!!:)

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank 4travelersinatruck
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and leave your comments, we do appreciate that! I am so glad to hear that you have had a great experience with our hotel. It sounds like you have enjoyed many of the great services and amenities we have to offer and our staff really does strive to make the hotel a home away from home for our guests! We hope to see you soon!
North Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Great hotel for us, on a one-night stay on a longer trip. The hotel is not near the center of town, but it is within walking distance of a nice mall with several restaurants (and there is a restaurant in the hotel, as well). The free breakfast (for HHonors Gold members) was gourmet quality (crepes, etc.) and makes the room a great value. The hotel is not new, but is well maintained. Pool and fitness center are just fine. A quibble: the area under the canopy could be larger -- motorcycles don't have room to park there overnight, which is unusual for HGI's. The staff was very friendly, especially the breakfast wait staff (don't forget to tip, even if you have a "free breakfast" voucher).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
HiltonGardenDanbury, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Danbury, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for your comments on the hotel and your stay, we do appreciate them! I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay, and that you did get to take advantage of our great cooked to order breakfast! Please stop by again!
West Chester, PA
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This hotel is convenient, however I do not feel it is worth 30K HHonors Points. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The quality of the room was "average". The convenience of restaurant is very good as there are not many local eating locations, especially when you are not familiar with the local area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your comments. I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay, although we do not control the point criteria for a stay through Hilton Honors, that comes from Hilton :) Not only do we have a restaurant on site, but we have a plaza right next door with many eateries and conveniences. We also provide a hotel courtesy shuttle that will take you to restaurants, shopping and attractions (of which there are many) within a three mile radius of the hotel. We hope to see you again!