“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
Richmond, Texas
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Up that way on business, the company asked me to stay here. I have stayed at others around the country, and have always liked them. This one, with just a couple exceptions, hit the marks nicely. The staff was great. Smiles, knowledge, timeliness. They really make an effort and it really shows. All good there.

The room was good. Microwave, Kuerig, minifridge, a useable desk with a nice chair. Liked it.

They offered a happy hour with $2 off on drinks, not free.

They offered to shuttle me off to restaurants in the area that night, but I decided to just eat there. The restaurant service was pleasant and darn quick, one of the better ceasar salads I've had in a while. With a glass of wine and tip, $20.

Breakfast, while set out as a traditional buffet, and what one expects at a hotel of this level, was an $11 charge. For that, you got someone serving you the eggs out of a buffet pan that you could have just as easily done yourself, and a waitress bringing you the drinks that were right over there. Breakfast charges at this type of hotel is uncommon anymore, and not especially welcome.

The hotel is set closer to the Interstate than some. Thereby, if you have a room facing the front (I did), the traffic noise is pretty serious. I tend to sleep through anything, but by 6:30 there was no sleeping. So, get a room on the back side.

And, just my luck, they gave me the room next to the elevator (313). Some places that is no problem. Here, that is a problem. The elevators are VERY loud in the room. When I laid down I thought at first there was some kind of construction going on in the parking lot. Wow.

And the bed was soft, and I prefer firm, but that's just a matter of taste.

So yes, I'd stay here again, though I'd make sure to get on the backside of the hotel, and avoid unlucky room 13!

Room Tip: Get on the side AWAY from the highway, and avoid room 13 on each floor.
1 Thank Godzilladude
HiltonGardenDanbury, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Danbury, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for reviewing the hotel and for your feedback, we appreciate it! I am glad to hear that you had a favorable stay overall. I hope you will visit us again and take advantage of the cooked to order feature of our breakfast buffet. Our chef's are happy to make any item you like cooked to order - eggs, omelettes, pancakes, waffles - and we always offer a breakfast special as well. It is a great breakfast value. We would be happy to honor any room location request you may have in the future, we want you to have a great night's sleep and a great stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Long Island, New York
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I checked into the hotel around 12:30 am and the front office staff was alert and friendly. The room was nicely appointed and very clean and comfortable. Breakfast provide me with an omlete of my own making, sausauge and fruit. I was very pleased with the waitstaff and enjoyed my meal before heading off to my meeting. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
HiltonGardenDanbury, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Danbury, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for your comments on the hotel, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the service and amenities provided met your expectations. Our breakfast is great, I would agree!
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Nice, comfortable hotel. Beautiful lobby. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet was nice- though a little pricey!. Workout facility small but sufficient. Great location with a lot of business's nearby.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HiltonGardenDanbury, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Danbury, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our breakfast is offered at an additional charge, but it is a great breakfast - cooked to order eggs, omelets and plenty of variety offered! Please visit us again when in town.
Concord, United States
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This hotel is what other hotels should strive for. We arrived late without reservations. The hotel appeared full, but we were given an excellent room and service. The breakfast was fabulous. We enjoyed the entire experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review! We prode ourselves on our great product and great service, so it is nice to hear that you had a good stay. Thank you for the feedback, and visit us again when in the area!
Cleveland, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Danbury regularly for business travel. The staff is welcoming and accommodating. The location is convenient to highway access. The restaurant has a good limited menu and top notch staff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HiltonGardenDanbury, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Danbury, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel, we appreciate it! I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed staying with us, we are pleased to know we have provided a great experience for you!
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stay at this hotel every year for an annual conference in Danbury and it is a great hotel with fantastic service and location. Although it is all very well maintained, it is a little dated in terms of the room decor - but anyone that has been to Danbury will recognise that the how area is dated (stuck in the late 80's). I would 100% recommend this hotel for people visiting danbury.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HiltonGardenDanbury, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Danbury, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate it! I am glad to hear that you enjoy your stay each year while with us. We hope to see you again next year!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Highly recommend - very comfortable beds and pillows, great shower, quiet rooms. Those are my priorities. Bonus - room was spacious, all staff was extremely nice, complimentary cookies and bottled water are a nice touch. Breakfast was average - good selection, fresh fruit, freshly made items like waffles etc were good, bread items not so fresh. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
HiltonGardenDanbury, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Danbury, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for your review of your stay, we appreciate your comments!