“Good place to rest”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
Pennington, New Jersey
“Good place to rest”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I went here for business and it was located convenient to the highway and West of Danbury CT with some good restaurants nearby. Staff is good and the rooms are great from a business standpoint. Can't really go wrong here.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
HiltonGardenDanbury, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Danbury, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate the feedback! I am so glad to hear that you had a great stay, come back and visit us again when in the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Pittsboro, United States
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I love coming to this hotel. The check-in process is quick and efficient. My favorite aspect is breakfast. The wait staff is cordial, helpful, and very attentive. Especially the tallest lady with dark hair. As one of my friends said to her, "you take better care of me than my wife does." Enough said!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for commenting on our hotel, we appreciate it! I am glad to hear that you enjoy staying with us. I would agree that our breakfast is good, but our staff makes it great! Hope to see you again soon!
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed one recently as we were picking up a rescue dog from Louisiana, driven up north by Rescue Road Trips, who stop at the park and ride nearby every two weeks with a load of 80-100 dogs destined for new homes in the northern US and Canada. We found the staff very friendly and the breakfast in the lobby probably the best we have ever had for this sort of hotel. Rooms are spotless and the bed is nice and firm. The only minor complaints were low water pressure in the shower and toilet, and we could hear water running from time to time in the next room. But all in all, we would highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn chain.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank servicecomesfirst
HiltonGardenDanbury, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Danbury, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay, I hope we can be of assistance if you pass through our area in the future.
New York, United States
Reviewed February 2, 2014

My daughter and I were skiing at Thunderridge mountain and needed a place for an overnight stay. The hotel shuttled us to and from the mountain. The staff was courteous and helpful. We had a wonderful dinner in the restaurant and the free breakfast was great!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HiltonGardenDanbury, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Danbury, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel, we appreciate the comments! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We do offer a Ski Package in association with Thunder Ridge which includes breakfast and shuttle service, I am glad you were able to enjoy those services!
Buda, Texas
Reviewed January 28, 2014

If the mattress in my room had been more comfortable I would rated this hotel at the highest level across all categories. I spent four nights here and didn't get a decent night's sleep once. Other than that, I would probably give it another chance if my business brings me back here. The staff, overall, was excellent and very attentive.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HiltonGardenDanbury, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Danbury, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, we appreciate your feedback. I hope you will give us another try!
St-Lazare
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

We were at this hotel for two nights on a govt rate.
The welcome was nice but they refused to give us the complimentary breakfast coupons that came with the govt rate.
Next morning the manager fixed that problem and gave us the coupons.
Rooms are basic and clean. Double beds , not queen!
Mattresses are ok but not great.
Breakfast was excellent.
All in all a good stay.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank hockeydad97
HiltonGardenDanbury, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Danbury, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for your review. I apologize that there was confusion with your breakfast, but I am glad to hear that was straightened out for you. I hope we will see you again when in the area!
Durham, United States
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I booked this hotel mainly for location and because it has an indoor pool, hot tub, and gym. The location was perfect and there was a free shuttle service until 11pm! The hot tub did not have any controls for the jets but was very nice. The gym was a bit small without room for floor exercises (pilates, yoga) so I did not end up using it. A maid opened our door in the morning while we were still sleeping, so make sure to put up a "do not disturb" sign!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Elizabeth G
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, we appreciate it! On your next stay, be sure to ask for a complimentary Stay Fit Kit, which is a "workout in a bag" that you may enjoy in your room. It has a mat, yoga bricks, and other workout equipment all there for your convenience.