“I wish I was more sure...”

Hilton Garden Inn Danbury
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
New York City, New York
“I wish I was more sure...”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Just stayed here for one evening. The hotel was very convenient right off the highway. Also, Starbucks & Trader Joe's are located a minute away. The lobby area very welcoming with coffee, tea, and cookies. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and check-in/check-out was smooth with no issues.

We came in later at night and were very tired. The room appeared clean & tidy. However, because I have worked in hotel management for over 7 years I tend to be picker and maybe in a bit more critical of hotels over the average person. I always do a bed check, pulling the sheets back. The sheets and pillow cases were all wrinkled as if they had not been changed. I would have called housekeping but again, because we came in at night, we were too exhausted and tired to have to wait for someone to come and change them. I frequently stay in hotels, so it just seemed a bit strange that they were so wrinkled? Maybe just a fluke? Needless to say, we should have called for I didn't sleep well...

The bathroom seemed clean except for the floor that had hairs on it and did not seem very clean. It was just for one night so it was ok, but if we were staying longer, we would have called about it.

For the price, it would have been nice if breakfast was included.

Would possibly consider staying again if I needed to be in the area because of the convenient location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HiltonGardenDanbury, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Danbury, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel, we appreciate your feedback! We do make sure that all linens are changed daily, and I do apologize for the bathroom not being up to par, I hope that you will allow us another chance to host you when in the area again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Bristol, New Hampshire
Reviewed September 3, 2012

So-So place with location being is best feature. Traveling with teen age grandchildren and when we went to go to bed, the pull out bed had not sheets or blankets. Took 40 minutes for housekeeping to show up and hand the bed linens through the door. A great place for the business traveler, I guess, Not the best place for families.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HiltonGardenDanbury, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Danbury, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize for the delay in receiving your linens. I hope that you will give us another try when you are in the area so that we may provide you with the service you deserve.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The thing I love about this place is that I've stayed there on and off for business over the past 8+ years, well over 15 times, and I've never been disappointed. Even when they were resurfacing the parking lot or there was a water leak, the staff is amazingly nice and I always leave happy with the stay. One of the best things about this place is the waitress who serves at breakfast. Tall lady, has been there the entire time I have visited, very polite and pleasant.

Great stay, great location, you wont regret.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
HiltonGardenDanbury, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Danbury, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel, we appreciate the feedback! Heather is our breakfast server and she is wonderful! Please visit again soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Check in was slow, which was surprising as they had a considerable number of bookings for a local wedding and they should have anticipated extra traffic. There was one person at the desk.

The hotel is reasonably new and the furnishings are still in good condition. The room was spacious and smelled clean (if that makes sense). The hotel was quite quiet and foot traffic in the hallways was subdued.

In summary, the hotel was OK for a single night but like almost all hotels of this nature without a soul.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank WorldT001
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to the area!
Medford, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for one night on our way from Boston to Delaware. We liked the cookies upon check-in. It was close to many restaurants. We had asked for a room facing away from the highway, and that request was honored. From our third floor window we could see woods and a train tracks, but we did not hear any trains. The room was quiet.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment on the hotel! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. The train tracks are no longer operational. We hope to see you again soon!
maryland
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel. We have stayed here each time we travel to Danbury, usually once a year. We have NEVER been disappointed. The hotel is clean and kept in really nice condition. The room is totally comfortable. We had a room with a king bed, fridge and microwave. Had dinner one night in the restuarant and it was very good, prices were very average. I unknowingly dropped 5.00 on the floor when I went to ask the front desk girl a question. 20 minutes later, she called our room and told me she had found 5.00 and she knew it had to belong to me - WOW!! Who could ask for more than that type of honesty!!
Great hotel to stay in. I would recomme=end this place to anyone and they have free cookies every night too :)

Room Tip: We have always had a different room and floor each stay and have been completely happy with all. O...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of the hotel! I am glad you have had great experiences here with the staff and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The team at this hotel makes it a great value for business travelers or those seeking a pleasant, clean, good value a short distance from NYC and CT area attractions. Easy access off the highway, comfortable rooms, spotless on every occasion I have stayed there and a breakfast buffet that offers many choices, plus cook to order options. You are greeted by an attentive, accommodating staff and that attitude continues throughout your stay. Free wifi, beds are adjustable for firmness(excellent comfort) ..great pillows too! Good restaurants nearby in either direction on rt 202. Try the panda garden(5 mins) or Rraci's-Italian(10 mins away towards Brewster.

Room Tip: Avoid 215-you will hear the elevator
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on our hotel! We appreciate the feedback and are glad that you have had pleasant stays while with us. Please visit again soon!