Hilton Garden Inn Danbury
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Residence Inn Danbury(Danbury)
Heidi's Inn(Brewster)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskrite aidbusiness tripfire pitbusiness centerfamily reunionoff the highwaybreakfast buffetexcellent staynice propertyrestaurant staffrooms are cleanhot tubwould definitely stay here againvery pleasant stayfitness centerconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My first time staying here, and I prefer it to the Springhill Suites where I stayed on my 2 previous business trips. The room was very nice, with a great bed. The breakfast was excellent. Wifi bandwidth was adequate. My only complaint was that the HVAC system was extremely noisy. Even when I turned off the AC, the sound of the fan went away, but there was still a continual noise. Maybe it was coming from the AC in the room next door? There was a large compressor of some sort right outside my room; maybe it was that.

Also, the workout room was very tiny, but that seems to be the standard in hotels of this level.

Overall, I will use this hotel on subsequent trips (but ask not to be placed next to whatever HVAC unit was making all the noise).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
HiltonGardenDanbury, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our hotel, we appreciate your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We can certainly accommodate room location requests in the future, and we also offer complimentary passes to a nearby fitness facility should you like a more extensive workout on future visits! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn, Danbury CT really came through for us in a bind. It was 2am on a Monday morning when my husband decided he couldn't deal with the power outage any longer. He uses a BiPap machine to sleep (he has sleep apnea) and he was exhausted from a day walking around Brooklyn with his family, all he wanted was to come home and crash for the night. Well our power had been out since around noon on Sunday! So around 2am we packed a small suitcase with enough clothes/pjs/toiletries/phone chargers for one night and left for the Danbury Hilton with no prior notice because we had no phones to call and see if they had availability, or to ask the cost. We were literally flying by the seat of our pants. When we arrived about 20 mins later (almost 3am) the parking lot was JAM PACKED! I was fearful that we weren't going to get a room because they were super packed. we parked in some remote dark corner of the parking lot, far away from the main entrance. My husband went in to check and see what their availability was. He came out a few minutes later with a room key card and said, "It's 2 double beds...but, it's only $99 so we lucked out." We sauntered into the beautifully decorated, well lit lobby and up to the 4th floor. Our room was just a few steps from the elevator (and thank god because we were both dead on our feet from exhaustion). We stepped into a gorgeous room. Large double closet, big bathroom with that lovely bowed-out shower rod so the liner doesn't touch you, one of my fave features in any hotel! The beds were white and appeared to be fluffy (more on that later). Large flat screen TV, desk, full length mirror for primping if you so desired. The carpets were beautiful too, dark with large (i mean really large) flowers, maybe they were poppies? Everything was great, maybe except for the beds. My husband & I are used to our tempurpedic, so when I'm reviewing I try not to be TOO biased about the bedding when we stay someplace. These were good attempts at tempurpedic actually, but they were extremely, extremely firm.. kind of a side sleepers nightmare. But luckily I sleep most often on my back. My husband fell RIGHT to sleep, I tossed for about an hour and finally dozed off. We had to be up, showered and out by 8am so we didn't get to enjoy the late check out.. 12pm! I dont know if it was just because we checked IN so late or if they always offer 12pm check out, but I thought that was an awesome feature.. a lot of the hotels we've stayed at have a 10 or 11am check out. They offered us breakfast at 10.95$/pp which I thought was alot. I'm not sure if it was because we had the smallest room? Maybe king rooms have breakfast included. Overall, we loved this place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonGardenDanbury, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate the feedback! I am so glad to hear that we were able to provide you with a respite on what sounds like a very long day!

Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Another very good Hilton Garden Inn! Cleanliness is the most important feature we look for in choosing a hotel and this one did not disappoint! We especily like the clean sheets and clean bed coverings provided. The hotel is close to I 84. Our room was very clean, quite and of a nice size. The elevator carpet was quite soiled and needs replacement.

Hotel staff was pleasent and helpful and breskfast was very good!!

Hilton Garden Inns meet our expectations for cleanliness and value!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank knukenc
HiltonGardenDanbury, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate all guest feedback! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, please come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed June 18, 2012

i chose this hotel the first time because it was the closest to my work, but continued to come back because it had everything i needed. It is very easy to find from the interstate, yet quiet. First impressions are clean, light and airy. There is a small restaurant as well as room service and the food is pretty good. Also, laundry machines, pool and fitness. A 3 minute walk along a side walk will get you to a small shopping center that has everything you might want if you are there for several days.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank vermont05701
HiltonGardenDanbury, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel, your feedback is appreciated! I am glad that you find the hotel and area to have everything needed for an enjoyable stay. Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed June 11, 2012

I was here for two nights, during a friend's wedding weekend. Great location, right off 84. Used HH points for the stay, so the price was right.

The room was excellent, very clean and comfortable.

Service was very good too, I believe it was Christian at the front desk who checked me in and provided some recommendations for restaurants - she was great.

The business center, while small, was convenient. Computers were quick.

One area of disappointment - housekeeping was very loud in the hallway, walkie-talkies were on full volume for some reason and they seemed to be a bit more social than normal housekeepers as they did not stop chatting. Very loud. Perhaps this is thin-wall syndrome, but they were quite boisterous. Too bad to put a black eye on an otherwise excellent stay, but should be easily corrected.

Room Tip: Based on my housekeeper challenges, I'd request the end of a hall - hopefully less traffic!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonGardenDanbury, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate all feedback from our guests so that we may continually improve our service and amenities.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, and thank you for making us aware of the noise level in the hallways, we will address that!

Please visit us again soon.