“New, clean and staff is very friendly”

Hilton Garden Inn Danbury
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
Reviewed November 17, 2011

This hotel is located just outside of downtown in a quiet neighborhood near the highway. It's new, updated and clean and staff are excellent: friendly and proactive about anticipating guest needs. I have stayed here often in the last year and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011
HiltonGardenDanbury, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2011

Thank you for taking time out of your day to comment on our hotel, we appreciate the feedback, and are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 9, 2011

My spouse and I stayed here one overnight only during the recent Electricity Outage due to the Pre-Halloween Blizzard. We had been without power for a week. We craved heat and a hot shower...
This hotel is right off of the main highway 84. The hotel has an open, lovely, welcoming lobby. All the staff were prompt, kind and courteous regarding check-in and check-out. Requesting a late check-out at no charge was NO problem and much appreciated!

'Probably the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept on! No availability of pay-per-view movies was the only oddity for us. Otherwise, the room was clean, spacious and quite comfortable. I would recommend this hotel readily to family or friends.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 6, 2011

We had the opertunity to stay here recently and it was a great experience. As you enter the lobby it is very airy and open. They have a gas fireplace and I noticed people using it as a place to gather and talk with one another. The front dest staff were friendly and helped us very quickly even with the hotel being filled to capacity. The room was very nice, longer than it was wider which made it feel much bigger than I am sure it is. I liked it because when you walked in the first thing I noticed was how big it felt. Each room comes with a refrigerator, microwave, wired & wireless internet and flat screen TV. There is a small indoor pool with a hot tub and a fitness center. They even have a small restaurant in the lobby. We ate there in the morning for the breakfast buffet. The food was very good and they have a great variety. They are able to prepare omlets, and other types of eggs. It was a great change from the usual junk you get at most hotels. I would even consider coming just for breakfast in the future. I would not hesitate to tell family and friends to stay here.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
HiltonGardenDanbury, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review and comment on our hotel. We value all comments and feedback from our guests. We are pleased that you had the opportunity to enjoy the hotel and our services and amenities. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed November 5, 2011

I stayed here recently for a business trip and found the accommodations to be clean and comfortable. All of the linens were clean and nice quality. There were plenty of towels in the room. The bathroom was slightly small, but I like the curved shower rod. The staff were professional, courteous, and attentive whenever I had a question or asked for anything. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and a good value.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, our guest feedback is important to us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed November 2, 2011

We recently traveled to Danbury and chose to book this hotel due to the guarantee for a handicap accessible room for my mother. I am still very thankful that said room was on the ground level. We checked in on Thursday the 27th of October and checked out on Monday the 31st. My only complaint would be the lack of generator for power back up, as we were there during a major snow storm that crippled this city on the 29th. The room was spacious and clean and the staff, however at their wits end (with everything being beyond their control), were polite and courteous. They did their very best to make sure that even when there was no power and cooking capability, that there was some sort of food and coffee for breakfast, and even ordered Pizza for the staff and guests on Sunday night. I would rate their service as 150% as they went above and beyond and never once gave up the smile. I will definitely stay here on my next trip to Danbury, I just hope no major storms decide to visit at the same time. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts (Room 129).

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to comment and review our hotel. I am glad that you were able to see our staff in action during the historic and unprecedented Autumn Nor'easter! It certainly was a hectic time for all - staff and guests alike - however we managed the storm to the best of our ability. You will be pleased to know that our ownership is investing in a generator for the hotel which will be in place in the next six months. Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I would really love to like this hotel. On the surface, it is cozy, spotless, friendly and spacious. Not a single complaint about the accommodations. Perhaps it's not fair to judge them during a major storm where they lost power. But we had just come from a wedding hall whose backup power worked so well, we didn't realize the town had lost power until we reached the hotel, which had no functioning elevators, no light, no heat nor hot water. The older folks at the wedding had a difficult time making it up 6 flights of stairs. After traveling in the icy snow for hours, this was a rude surprise. No vending machines to provide water, and no breakfast in the morning either.

The least pleasant part was that we were not offered any sort of recompense, so we paid full price for a substandard stay. Hence the 3-star review instead of 4. So, the chance that this will happen to you if you stay here is slim and you will most likely enjoy your stay here; just note that in the event of a major weather event, this place is not capable of providing the basics with backup power and will not reimburse you for your trouble.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Astara8

Thank you for taking the time to comment and review the hotel, we value all guest feedback. The unprecedented and historic Nor'easter that crippled the state the weekend of your stay did present some challenges for our hotel, as well as the other hotels in the area. It is difficult to navigate four flights of stairs with limited lighting available, and unfortunately we were not able to offer our standard hot breakfast buffet the following morning, but I am pleased to say that we did have a continental breakfast available for guests as well as hot coffee from a local shop that following morning. You will be pleased to know that our ownership is investing in a generator for the hotel which will be in place in the next six months. I hope that you will give us a try in the future when in town.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and overall I would say our stay was good. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. However, the restroom, we had a king size room, was small. What made the restroom seem even smaller is that they had the type of shower rod that is crescent curved and so I often found myself bumping into it as I was changing and couldn't help but wonder how many other people have bumped into it, not a pleasant thought. Anyways, breakfast is not included, only coffee is complimentary, one morning all I wanted to purchase was a cup of oatmeal and they said I couldn't purchase a la carte, I had to purchase the full buffet. I wasn't too happy about that, especially, because some of us don't want a buffet for breakfast! Overall, our stay was good and not so great.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
HiltonGardenDanbury, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your feedback! We have just renovated all of our guest rooms, to include the bathrooms. The crescent shower rods are a new feature for the bathrooms, based on guest feedback and desire for the design, I am sorry that you did not enjoy the extra light and room that the crescent rods allow. We do offer a cooked to order, hot buffet breakfast which is great and allows for many breakfast choices. I apologize for the confusion with your breakfast order as you are indeed allowed to order a la carte. I do hope that you will allow us to host you again and see to it that your future stay goes from a good one to a great one!