“Great Pizza Pie!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Frank Pepe Pizzeria
Ranked #19 of 272 Restaurants in Danbury
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Pizza Pie!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

We were visiting Yale and ordered a pizza to go. There was a long wait, even at 4:30p. The pizza was great. It was made in a fire stoked oven (really fun to watch). The flavors were wonderful. It is worth a stop on your next trip...just be sure to have time to wait!

Visited July 2013

Ponoka, Canada
“Awesome Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

We had the Summer Special - Tomato Pie and an Italian Sausage. Both Pizzas were fantastic and worth driving to Danbury for. The service was good and the pizzas came out in a timely manner.

• Visited July 2013
USA
“Tried it Again...Beware”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

This time I called ahead to order a pie to take home. When I arrived to the parking lot, I could smelt burnt pizza again, I thought I should'nt be doing this.

A nice young lady brought a large pizza box to me opened it and asked how it looked. I responded: "It looks a little over-cooked." I was trying to be polite. She told me that the brick ovens are really hot and that the pizzas bake fast and this is how they serve them. I told her that it was burnt to a crisp and that I would not take that pizza. The pizza crust was black and the cheese was burnt to a dark brown color.

She then asked me if I would like a pizza that was "lightly baked" and I said "sure". She told me that in the future that if I did not want a pizza so well-done that I should ask for it to be "lightly baked". She was very nice about it - because she too knew that it was burnt.

It was great this time...I mean what does it take to make a good pizza? Put a little care into it and you can keep your customers happy. And when is it perfectly okay to sell a burnt pizza to the public? Are we just idiots?

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank cdrake3460
Danbury, Connecticut, United States
“Great pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Pizza here is great. Doesn't look pretty but tastes fantastic. Love the clam pizza with the tomato sauce and mozzarella.

• Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
“inconsistant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

You never know if you will get a good, bad or fair pizza. The salad is boring field greens. Nothing special and very inconsistent. Too bad the one in New Haven is really good but these guys don't have it together yet.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Been to Frank Pepe Pizzeria? Share your experiences!