“Great White Clam Pizza”

Ranked #15 of 279 Restaurants in Danbury
Danbury, Connecticut
“Great White Clam Pizza”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have been going to Pepe's for years in New Haven. It's nice that I don't have to drive so far to get one of my favorite pizzas. Sometimes the wait to eat in is a bit much, but you can always get it to go.

Visited November 2012

Danbury, Connecticut, United States
“One of Connecticut's best”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Pepe's has consistently been rated among the top 3 places in CT for pizza, and I have to agree with the ratings. Their charcoal-fired ovens provide a delicious, smokey crust. Very glad to have these guys nearby!

Visited October 2012
Kenmore, Washington
“As good as I remembered.”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I've often mentioned Frank Pepe's pizza to my husband and I finally took him here on our last trip through Connecticut. Our tomato pie, as it's referred to here, was just as delicious as I remembered from my youth, even though this is a different location from the New Haven original. Almost everyone at the restaurant ordered a large pizza, even when just two people were dining, as this pizza is definitely great even reheated. My husband should know--he had it several times when he was on his business trip. They even served my favorite soda, Foxon Park. I highly recommend the white birch beer, a Connecticut original. Our server was friendly and helpful and each pizza is handmade when it's ordered, so if it's crowded you might have to wait a bit, but it's well worth it. The coal-fired brick oven at this Danbury location was meticulously copied from the New Haven oven, which I guess accounts for the consistently wonderful, slightly chewy, crust. Yum.

• Visited January 2013
Seymour, Indiana
“Excellent NY style thin crust pizza”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The locals recommend it and go often! If you want NY thin crust pizza, this is the place to go. We didn't try the clam pizza, which they are known for, so you'll have to judge that for yourself.

Visited December 2012
CT
“Best pizza ever!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

You've gotta like pizza to come here; that and salad is all they've got! No fancy menu...no calzones, bread, nothing but pizza and salad. But, do they know how to make pizza! It's just as good as the original in New Haven. The white clam pizza is the best anywhere. We've brought visitors from all over and they all agree. If you go when there's a line, it usually moves quickly.

• Visited December 2012

Been to Frank Pepe Pizzeria? Share your experiences!