“I'll be back pho sho”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

This place is amazing- The staff is wonderful; served up delicious wonton soup & a dish with curry and coconut milk. The meal was complete by having Thai bubble tea & Honeydew w/ lychee jellies to go :)

1  Thank CTPi

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Decided to visit on my last week living in CT. So sorry I have not been here before! The food is wonderful! The flavor combinations are wonderful. It is the type of place you would except in NYC, great food and an assortment of people. Service is great!
Had ginger dumplings and crispy wontons to start off with. Both were super tasty.
Had rice noodle , salad bowl with chicken and shrimp. Very tasty!
Prices are very reasonable here.
Can see that this can be a busy place, we were there for late lunch and about 75% of the seats were taken.
Will try to return before I leave!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

The young lady at the door and our server, Tracy, were delightful. Yes the wait was long even though we arrived at 5:15. This was due, in part, to the thoughtlessness of a late middle-aged couple who lingered far too long, he on his cell phone and she daydreaming. Yes, they have a right to sit after they eat but when there's a long line on a cold night in a very small place? Have some heart! Anyway, the dumplings weren't anything special. I wonder what all the raves are about. Locally, the Vietnamese appetizers at Cheesecake factory were far superior and nothing beats the dumplings on Mosco Street in Chinatown. Next was the hot and sour soup. My gosh! It was so salty it tasted like water from the Great Salt Lake! If I like salt, I'll add my own, thank you. I can imagine that it might not have been so tasty without all the salt i.e. bland but come on, there are many other creative ways to add flavor, no? For my main dish, I tried the red curry with coconut milk. This was less salty but salt was still the first "flavor" that hit my palate. Great consistency but rather boring. In sum, if you like to be served copious amounts of food, this place gets a plus. If you like interesting, ethnic food this place gets a minus. If you try to stay away from salt for taste or health reasons, stay away. Maybe when you order you could ask the chef to reduce the salt.

1  Thank Bins2
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We discovered this hidden gem a few years ago and have been coming ever since. It's just stuck right on the corner of a small strip plaza. It can get very busy at times but the service has always been great and the food is awesome! It has both spicy and not spicy for those who don't like it. But whatever you get you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

The food is great, but it's a tiny place and there was a line out the door for sit down service. If you order to go you get your food faster. The food was very good, but service was just ok. I'd def go back

Been to Pho Vietnam? Share your experiences!