“Pho-nominal !!”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Sizzling Crepes, pho sizzle, chic n beef pho, wow soooo good. You can ask for and order from the dinner menu for lunch. You might have a wait because the dining room is small, but it is worth the wait. Very fresh. Cilantro is a staple here do if you are a cilantro fan you will LOVE the menu.
A must for lunch or dinner.

1  Thank BMorrell

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We came upon this restaurant because of Tripadvisor. We have been to Danbury many times and had no idea this great restaurant existed!! We are definitely fans of Pho and will say that this place was great. The only reason I didn't give the restaurant 5* was the service was a bit slow. It was Friday night so of course, it was probably busier than normal. However, we ordered noodles, which doesn't seem like it should take so long to get. Also, to get a waitresses attention did take some patience and waiting. But...the plus, bring your own wine, delicious Pho & Bun = a great meal. Would highly recommend and will definitely return.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I was there again last night for the 4th time and the food was delicious. I didn't review this restaurant earlier because I generally like to eat at a restaurant on more than one occasion to make sure it is consistantly good. Well, it was. The little corn fritters are $12 for 6 the size of a 50 cent piece but I'd gladly pay twice the price for these little gems. The four of us all had a different dish but everything was tasty, I'm not going to review it all as another reviewer has a long list of great dishes served at this tiny hole in the wall. They do not serve alcohol but there is a liquor store next door and you can BYOB. The staff is very attentive and efficient, can't go wrong at Pho Vietnam for authentic dishes.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is a small (don’t blink or you’ll miss it) hole-in-the-wall restaurant in a sad little strip mall on Rte 37 in Danbury. Normally, I’d probably just pass it by, but our friend suggested it as he eats there often and we were not disappointed.

We arrived on a Saturday around 4pm and we were happy to see that there was plenty of seating available and the service was fast. In addition, our server was always smiling and very pleasant and friendly. I read some reviews criticizing the service, but we had no problems at all with wait time or with the server. For service, I give them 5 stars.

We began with the Sampler Platter (Thap Cam) which comes with 2 crispy spring rolls, 2 large shrimp egg rolls, several crispy wontons (my favorite) and 3 delicious dipping sauces.
I had the Pho Sizzle, my husband ordered the Red Curry & Coconut chicken, and our friend had the Grilled Chicken, Pork & Egg Roll Bun which looked fantastic. In addition, we ordered a plate of Pham’s Fried Rice to share and it was some of the best fried rice I’ve ever had. I especially enjoyed the sausage pieces.

For dessert, I had the Coconut & Cassava cake which consisted of 2 squares of cake (consistency is more like a dense custard or bread pudding ) and 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream and it was excellent.

The food is fresh and our service that day was excellent. I’m only giving it 4 stars because for the three of us, the bill came out to $84 before tip which I thought was a bit steep for lunch – almost $30/pp. The place is very small and the atmosphere is average at best. In order to get to the bathroom (which is pretty nasty), you have to walk through their storage area and by the kitchen and I’d rather not see what goes on behind the scenes if you know what I mean.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

One Saturday night, my husband, son and I went to Pho Vietnam as it was right off of I84 West. We arrived at 6pm just as it was started to get crowded, and when we left there was quite a long wait. We ordered the Soft Summer roll spring rolls for appetizer, and they were very fresh with shrimp and pork, and the Penang peanut sauce complemented them well. We also had the fried dumplings with ginger and pork, and they were served with delicious pickled cucumber and dipping sauce. Then, I had the Pho soup with chicken, it was excellent and was served with lime, bean sprouts, and lemon basil. The broth had a complex flavor and loads of spices. My husband had the ginger pork, and my son had the Chicken Bun which was the only dish that we felt was somewhat dry and bland. We asked for peanut sauce to spice it up. For dessert, we ordered a delicious Cassava root cake that was like a bread pudding, and was served with vanilla ice cream. All in all, it was a very good meal. The check was reasonale, and the ambiance was very casual and downscale ethnic. We will return when we are dying for more Pho!