“Excellent service and terrific Italian food”

Castello Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Castello Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 288 Restaurants in Danbury
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: North Street
Description: We strive to provide our guests with the best in service, food and atmosphere. We specialize in table side service and de-boning of fish. To go along with all this we have a fast variety of wines and a full bar to go along with any meal and want. So come on down and let the staff at Castello spoil you.
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

We went for dinner on a Saturday night with a group of five and everyone raved about the entire night. The service was attentive, the food was fresh and delicious and the atmosphere was pleasant and comfortable.

We shared the Caesar salad which was prepared tableside and the burratta. Very tasty and enjoyed by all. Every one of the main courses we had were gobbled up including two chicken dishes and a pasta dish off the menu, one of the specials and one off the menu dish that they didn't flinch at making upon request. Most of us passed on dessert but only because we had enough to eat already beforehand.

One of the nicest aspects to the evening was that the dining room was busy but not full and we felt relaxed and unrushed. All in all a very nice experience and we plan to return in the future.

3  Thank CT-Freeze

Reviewed January 24, 2013

First time at this restaurant, had a business dinner with a client here, and were accommodated with quiet seating in a room off the main dining room. The staff was flexible in handling any special requests to adjust the food preparation and the dinner itself was quite good. Seafood and vegetables seemed very fresh. I'll go back.

5  Thank Robert G
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We visit Castellas often...staff is welcoming and attentive...food is consistently excellent!
A wonderful place for that special night out!

4  Thank Bubbles456
Reviewed December 14, 2012

This place is a total winner. I went here for my first time at 12 noon on a Friday. The restaurant was empty, but I read on this site that it was delicious, so not to worry. I am happy to report this restaurant delivered a pleasant and superb tasting lunch. I must say the service was very polite, on point, and totally attentive while also not being over bearing in any way.

First off- the olives, bread sticks, bread, homemade seasoned butter and cheese plate offered at sit down was excellent- full of classic rich, Italian flavor. Great start.
The table side Caesar was very flavorful (heavy on the pepper, cheese, and garlic in a good way). Enough for three people to share.

The meals were excellent. I had the chicken scarpariello (a personal favorite). The sauce was excellent so balanced with sweet and spicy/salty notes. The chicken came in beautiful little chucks of nice lightly dredged and carefully sautéed tender breasts. The sausage and caramelized cherry peppers were a great compliment. Even the tiny little potatoes next to my green beans were above average in taste and texture. My whole table really enjoyed themselves. Someone at my table ordered the grilled tender veal chop and she was very pleased, “whoever is working the grill back there knows what they are doing”. My other dining partner ordered a lobster crepe special and he was raving about it.

So that is my take on the quaint little flavor house. I would highly recommend this spot if you want comforting, classic Italian food done right in a very tasteful environment. The decor is not hip or modern, but I found it kind of charming - real old school (I am 24). At any rate, please enjoy yourself and your company. Good luck and God bless.

4  Thank Josh B
Reviewed December 2, 2012

The food was very good and so was the service, but we found it dated and uninspiring. We drove by Castello's a few weeks ago and my wife said, that looks like the type of family Italian Restaurant my parents would go to. We had to laugh when a few days later we discovered it was the #1 rated restaurant in Danbury. So, we decided to check it out. Four of us went on a Saturday night, and we're surprised to find it quite empty at 730pm. And, we closed the place down at 930pm. Its definately an early crowd type of place. The place was pleasant, but it looked like the decor had not been changed in 20 years, out dated and pretty basic. And the menu was quite the same, the standards were all there, with lots of specials, not nothing very innovative or unique. The presentation was the same, just okay. As I said, the food was very good and so was the service, but not my type of place. But, if my parents were still alive, I would take them there in a heartbeat, they would feel comfortable, well tended and they would know what everything was on the menu. And they would be in heaven. For us, we'll stick to La Zingara for our local Italian (in Bethel).