“Surprised!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Surprised!!”
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

I've heard and passed by the Ethan Allen hotel in danbury a million time and I've had dinner in the hotel restaurant before. This weekend I chose to stay in while in business, and I usually go for the numerous cheaper hotel scattered around exit 4 but I was glad I didn't this time. rooms are really nice and service is great, it was worth the extra money . I'm really impressed!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
TripJanice, General Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ethan Allen Hotel for your recent visit in Danbury!

We are delighted you rated us 4 out 5 for customer service. We are thrilled you were really impressed and pleasantly surprised. We hope you continue to stay with us on all of your future stays to Danbury.

If I can be of service, please feel free to call me directly at (203) 448-7100, so I may personally assist you. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thank you!

Best,
General Manager - Ethan Allen Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Korean first
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We just had our daughter's wedding at Ethan Allen Hotel this past Saturday and it exceeded all our expectations. We got calls and emails from people who never gave compliments on anything before. Eileen, who worked with us for all the wedding plans, was extremely patient and very helpful. The hotel itself is beautiful; the food was absolutely delicious and the portions were large; the staff bent over backwards to help you with everything. One guest ordered a gluten free meal and she said it was delicious and the staff were so attentive to her to be sure everything was ok. The service was perfect; the spacing of the food was perfect. People commented on that - it wasn't one course right after another. You were able to enjoy each course. For those who stayed over, the rooms were clean and the service once again was excellent. There was not one thing that I can say I would change about the whole affair. I would definitely recommend the Ethan Allen Hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing to host your daughter's wedding at the Ethan Allen Hotel! We appreciate your patronage and welcome your feedback.

Thank you for rating us 5 out 5 for customer service! We are thrilled the Ethan Allen hotel team exceeded all of your expectations. Wow, this is a huge compliment!

We are pleased you found Eileen, our Director of Catering, both helpful and attentive, she is the "best"! We are further pleased you found the rest of our food & beverage team and food "outstanding" and appreciated how the food was spaced between courses. We pride ourselves on hiring and retaining the "best" staff in the marketplace, as well as having an "amazing" culinary team.

We are further delighted you found our guest rooms clean and feel confident recommending the Ethan Allen Hotel to others.

We truly appreciate hosting your daughter's wedding with us. If I can be of further assistance to you, please feel free to call me directly at (203) 448-7100.

Once again, many thanks!

Warmest regards,

Newtown, Connecticut
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

I have frequented many 5 star hotels, but I have to say that the Ethan Allen Hotel, stands out more so than any other. Every aspect of my stay here, surpasses my highest expectations. From staff's politeness and eagerness to please, to the amenities, the beautiful rooms, and the complimentary services that they offer, all with surprisingly affordable prices. You get far more bang for your buck here, but my only complaint is the need to branch out and build more hotels. I feel that they do such a great job in the hotel industry, that it would pay to concentrate on more than just their fine furniture. The possibility that the Ethan Allen Hotel would start branching out with more hotels in more states, would be greatly appreciated. I'd be certain to continue being the loyal customer that I am, at any EA Hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Michael,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ethan Allen Hotel in Danbury, CT. We truly appreciate your business and welcome your feedback.

Many thanks for rating us 5 out of 5 for service! We are so pleased we exceeded all of your highest expectations. We are thrilled our staff was polite and eager to please and that you found the hotel affordable.

The next time you intend on returning, please feel free to contact me directly at (203) 448-7100, so I may assist you personally.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and often. Once again, many thanks!

Warmest regards,

Ulm, Germany
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Good business hotel after the renovation. Nice rooms, with plenty of space. Staff at the reception and the shuttle service very supportive and friendly. Breakfast buffet ok, but not superb, staff at the breakfast could even be friendlier. However, I can recommend the Ethan Allen as a good alternative to other hotles in the Danbury area

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
TripJanice, General Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ethan Allen Hotel! We appreciate your business and welcome your comments.

Thanks for rating us 4 out 5 for service! We are delighted you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms and found our front desk staff and van drivers friendly and helpful.

Thank you for your feedback on breakfast. Rest assured, this will be addressed.

We look forward to your return visit. If I can be of assistance, please feel free to contact me directly at (203) 448-7100.

Once again, thank you for your feedback!

Regards,
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I went to this hotel with my husband and another couple, it was a pleasant surprise! I booked online a few days before and when we got there, we had the fastest check in ever!, there is a guy named Ariel is really helpful. The hotel is beautiful, the service is excellent, the breakfast was delicious, we loved this hotel, there is nothing bad to say about it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for rating the Ethan Allen Hotel 5 out 5 for customer service! We truly appreciate your business and welcome your feedback.

We are thrilled you enjoyed your recent stay & delighted you received a fast & efficient check-in; liked our friendly staff; enjoyed breakfast in Fairfield's Restaurant and found Ariel helpful.

The next time you intend on returning to Danbury, please feel free to call me directly at (203) 448-7100, so I may personally assist you with your reservations. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and often. Thanks again!!!

Regards,
21 Lake Ave, Ext.
Danbury, CT 06811
Ct
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The hotel is comfortable and the service is very good. It's also close to the highway (Interstate 84, Route 7), entertainment, stores, mall. I've stayed there several times while attending performances at the Ridgefield Playhouse (which is how I found this hotel). I've stayed at several other hotels in the area, but will be staying at Ethan Allen in the future.

Room Tip: I've stayed in a few rooms on the first floor and one on the 6th. All were quiet. Some rooms f...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Tarrytown NY
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed overnight, along with many others, because of a wedding near-by. Line to check in moved smoothly. Staff is efficient and friendly. Hotel is undergoing renovations- the public spaces (entry lobby, restaurants, etc. )are newly decorated and beautiful. I guess the guestrooms are next because we saw signs of construction, but there was absolutely no noise or disturbance while we were there. Room furnishings look a little dated, but if they end up looking like the lobby, they will be gorgeous! Bathroom looks like it has been more recently updated- spacious and well laid out. Bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in- and I would love to know the brand of pillows... so very comfortable. Room had 2 TV's, mini fridge, microwave and Keurig coffee set-up. All in all, a most comfortable, enjoyable stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends