“Very good hotel that is on its way to fantastic!”
Review of Ethan Allen Hotel

Ethan Allen Hotel
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tarrytown NY
“Very good hotel that is on its way to fantastic!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed overnight, along with many others, because of a wedding near-by. Line to check in moved smoothly. Staff is efficient and friendly. Hotel is undergoing renovations- the public spaces (entry lobby, restaurants, etc. )are newly decorated and beautiful. I guess the guestrooms are next because we saw signs of construction, but there was absolutely no noise or disturbance while we were there. Room furnishings look a little dated, but if they end up looking like the lobby, they will be gorgeous! Bathroom looks like it has been more recently updated- spacious and well laid out. Bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in- and I would love to know the brand of pillows... so very comfortable. Room had 2 TV's, mini fridge, microwave and Keurig coffee set-up. All in all, a most comfortable, enjoyable stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kathleen531

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Korean first
Somers, New York
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I booked my daughter's bridal shower here because it was a beautiful space and the staff, every single member, was so helpful and flexible. They were warm, courteous and eager to please before and during the event. So much so that my guests even commented to me about it! It was the easiest party I have ever planned.The food was delicious. The cake was beautiful and yummy. Everything was perfect! Based on my experience, I can highly recommend Ethan Allen Hotel because it created a beautiful party that
turned into a wonderful memory!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Illana J
Largo, Florida
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have stayed here on my trips back and forth from FL and ME for several years now. Danbury is the perfect distance for my trip. I chose Ethan Allen because they accepted pets, one of the very few at the time. I continue to stay there as the hotel is very good and familiar, even my cat settles right in when we get there. The front desk staff are very nice and perform their jobs very well. The lady who works in the evening has been there for years which says a lot to me as to how a company treats its employees. The beds are so comfortable I end up oversleeping and checking out late.
The pet section has improved tremendously. Had I written a review 3 years ago I would have called it poor. The pet rooms were terrible, floors needed vacuuming, carpet was threadbare and the furniture was in poor shape. I probably left the floor cleaner when I left since I sweep up after my cat. When I complained I basically was treated like I didn't deserve any better because I had a pet. The hotel has improved so much since then. The pet rooms are back to the standard of the non-pet rooms (on occasion there isn't a pet room available).
I can't wait to see how the hotel looks when the remodel is complete. I will continue to choose Ethan Allen in the future, I only wish I could stay longer.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Pinehurst, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The reception was smooth. Our room was clean and facilities adequate.
The breakfast was excellent and service was very good.
the only thing was lack of bell service as we had to lift our luggages ourselves to our 2nd floor room.
I will recommend it to anyone travelling to Danbury, CT.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank James O
Cross River, New York
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Our 40th High School Reunion was nothing short of superb. The Hotel's Director of Catering, Eileen Whitney-Cabral and her staff went well beyond what anyone would have expected from a big national chain, they made you feel like you were home with family. The three hour grazing buffet provided was first class. Everything from the Tuscan Table and Pasta Station to the Pulled Pork Sliders and Desert Station was phenomenal. Bottom-line, if you are searching for a venue to hold your next function, no look no further than the Ethan Allan.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JJHS73
Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We recently stayed at the Hotel for our son's wedding. The hotel was very accommodating and were very helpful in setting up a breakfast the next day for those who stayed overnight. They answered numerous questions while we were setting up the breakfast and room block for our guests and tried their best to get the rooms ready early in the day as our wedding was at 3:30 in a local church. I would recommend them for any stays while in the Danbury area.

Room Tip: The King and Double suites are great
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tim M
Aberdeen, New Jersey
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I just recently attended my brothers wedding at the Ethan Allen and can't say enough about the experience! I have to mention one of the servers, Jennifer- she was a true pleasure to work with! I had a few requests for the reception that were slightly out of the ordinary but Jennifer went out of her way to make sure everything I needed was there to help make my brother and new sisters wedding day perfect! The manager was also very accommodating and very pleasant to talk with as were the rest of the servers, bartenders and front desk staff.

• Stayed October 2013