“Value in Danbury”

Ethan Allen Hotel
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We just stayed at the Ethan Allen hotel as guests for a wedding in the area. This hotel was very reasonably priced. It is undergoing renovations, but still looked pretty good. There were 3 weddings being held there and lots of energy in the building. This is not the Ritz, but the beds were comfy, the room was clean and big. Our room had a large sitting area with an extra TV, a small fridge and a microwave. There were even robes. We paid a whopping $89 as a wedding block and it was a great value. They could use more elevators, but I doubt that will happen. We had brunch the next morning and the food was excellent and the service was very good. The white decor for the wedding chairs and the seating area were upbeat and clean looking. In summary, it was not top luxury, but served it purpose well. Danbury is not exactly a top destination, and this hotel was in keeping with it's surroundings. I would recommend using the do not disturb sign. Housekeeping woke up several members of our group with an early knock. The hotel did a great job on the busy Labor Day holiday weekend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 30, 2012

It's not near anything. The place is about to go under renovation, but what a value at 110 a night with breakfast. Clean room, good amenities in the bath, great channel selection, free internet everywhere ( and fast) and helpful, though a bit overworked and harried, staff. I'd definately stay again. Very convenient to the I-84 interchange.

Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Quite accomodating to our dog with clean and comfortable rooms @ a very reasonable price. This is a bit of rarity among hotels that accept dogs--you usually either have to stay in a dirty smelly room or are charged exorbitant dog fees. We were able to take our dog with us to dine in the interior patio (which was lovely). The dinner was tasty and we were well served by the restaurant manager. Our teens enjoyed the small pool and we even treated ourselves to room service breakfast given the affordability of the room.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
TripJanice, General Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ethan Allen Hotel! We appreciate your business and welcome your feedback.

Thank you for ranking us 5 out 5 for overall service! We are thrilled that you found our "pet friendly" hotel both clean & comfortable and great value for the price.

We are pleased you enjoyed both the food in Fairfield's Restaurant as well as room service for breakfast and glad you enjoyed swimming in our outdoor pool.

The next time you return to Danbury, please feel free to call me directly at (203) 448-7100 so I may personally assist you with your reservations.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you, your children and your dog back soon!

Best,

Ethan Allen Hotel - General Manager

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I have stayed at The Ethan Allen twice in the past few months--the Danbury area is a frequent stop on the way to visit family in New Jersey from Maine. We have been making the trip for years and will continue for many years to come many times through the year. On other visits through we have stayed at other hotels that have similar rooms and somewhat similar pricing simply because they offer a rewards program for frequent stays. A couple of times at a more popular hotel in Danbury and being treated with very little respect I started searching for other options and the Ethan Allen was a great find!! Every person we have dealt with, phone calls to make reservations--front desk to check in and out--room service delivery--restaurant staff--etc, have been professional, welcoming, and pleasant! The rooms are clean, food is great, and the hotel is so easy to find right off the highway!! We will be back again and again, but I would love to see sometime of a frequent stay reward program or something--it would certainly stop me from even looking around at other rates of places in the area!! -Nicole E

Room Tip: The King Suite is nice if you are traveling with another person and one likes to stay up late or get...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nicole-E151
TripJanice, General Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Nicole,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ethan Allen Hotel in Danbury. We truly appreciate your business and welcome your feedback.

We appreciate that you stay with us often and feel that we are a "great find"! We are further pleased that every staff member you encountered was professional, welcoming and pleasant. We pride ourselves on hiring and retaining the "best" staff in the marketplace!

We are delighted that you found your guestroom clean, the food wonderful and our location convenient to the highway. We are currently undergoing a multi-million dollar renovation and will give great consideraton to your suggestion of adding a "Rewards Program".

Once again Nicole, many thanks for taking your time to rate the Ethan Allen Hotel positively. Please contact me directly at (203) 448-7100, so I may personally assist you with your future reservations. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

General Manager - Ethan Allen Hotel

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Ethan Allen never disappoints
Convieniently located, friendly staff and a decent downstairs bar/ lounge
Clean, modern rooms
The beds are comfortable, the rooms well furnished and always spotless
Never had a problem or a complaint
Ive been to several funtions in the catering hall as well and they do a great job
Well recommended

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank NewEnglandYank

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ethan Allen Hotel in Danbury where we appreciate your business and welcome your feedback!

We are thrilled that you rated us 5 out 5 on TripAdvisor and that you found our location convenient, the hotel "spotless", the staff friendly, the beds comfortable, the hotel well-furnished and enjoyed Fairifeld's Lounge. We are further pleased that you enjoy attending functions at the Ethan Allen Hotel as well.

The next time you intend on returning, please feel free to contact me directly at (203) 448-7100 so I may personally assist you with your reservations. Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and often.

General Manager - Ethan Allen Hotel

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I was on my way north to Canada from Virginia and needed to break my trip. I just wanted a clean room with a comfortable bed and an in-house or nearby restaurant. Ethan Allen far exceeded my expectations, especially for the price. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Robert W
TripJanice, General Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear Robert,

Thank you for choosing the Ethan Allen Hotel in Danbury, CT. We appreciate your business and welcome your feedback.

We are thrilled that we exceeded your expectations and that you rated us 5 out 5! We are pleased that you found your room clean, the bed comfortable and enjoyed Fairfield's Restaurant. We are further pleased that you will continue to stay with us again. We pride oursleves on hiring and retaining the "best" staff in the market place!

The next time you intend on returning to Danbury, please contact me directly at (203) 448-7100, so I may personally assist you with your reservations.

Once again Robert, thank you for choosing the Ethan Allen Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon and often.

General Manager, Ethan Allen Hotel

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I have to say, I expected this hotel to be like most others, price-wise (too high) and comfort-wise (not very comfy). I was pleasantly surprised with both. I had a one-night stay in late May and the King Suite I had was excellent, at least for me. The price was much better than I would have expected and of all nights of sleep going cross country, that was the only really good night's sleep I had, so, needless to say, since I also am in need of a new bed at home, I have now found what I will replace my bed at home with and also found a very nice pet-friendly hotel as well.

Thank You Ethan Allen Hotel.

KPH

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Dear Ken,

We are pleased that you had a great night's sleep and found our hotel to be of good value. We are further pleased that we were able to accommodate your dog.

Thank you for rating us 5 out 5. We pride ourselves on hiring and retaining the "best" staff in the market. The next time you return to Danbury, please contact me directly at (203) 448-7100, so I may personally assist you with your reservations. If you decide to purchase one of our Ethan Allen Sleep Comfort Mattresses, just let me know.

Once again Ken, we truly appeciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again soon and often.

General Manager, Ethan Allen Hotel