“Sushi” 5 of 5 bubbles

Koo Neo-Japonese Cuisine
Ranked #92 of 272 Restaurants in Danbury
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Danbury, Connecticut, United States
“Sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Love the sushi. Very fresh and the wait staff is suburb. The cocktails are very good. We always get a free appetizer when we sit at the sushi bar

• Visited May 2013

Danbury, Connecticut
“Too noisy, poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife and I went there on a Saturday night. That must be when all the loud drunks go to eat there. I have been to quieter concerts. I could not hear the waitress, and my wife had to speak into my ear for me to hear her. Every hibachi table was full with a mix of families with children or just adults. the people at a couple of tables with only adults were clearly drunk and yelling at each other while dropping F bombs. I swear more than most people, but I have enough sense and class not to do it in restaurants. service was slow, and we had to let the chef and waitress know that we had not gotten our salads before our entrees were about to be cooked. watch out for the fried rice scam. that's where the waitress almost assumes that you are ordering fried rice for an extra $2. i ordered scallops and my order had 9 half dollar sized scallops, along with a portion of noodles, and a small bowl of white rice. I wish that i could rate the scallops as poor, average or great, but i cannot, so I will rate them as average. flavoring was the typical teriaki sauce. nothing special. salad was a hunk of flavorless iceberg lettuce, with a couple of carrot strips and a ginger dressing. another problem was portion dividing. the fried rice made on the grill was not portioned out equally.
bottom line is that the place is extremely noisy, has slow service, and for $20 a person before drinks, tax and tip, one could find better value elsewhere. we had a restaurant.com coupon, that came out to 2 for 1 pricing, so we dealt with the problems. one last thing is that 2 whole walls of the hibachi room were covered with pictures of previous diners. there was no way to look at the pictures up close as that would have required people at each hibachi table to get up. so the pictures created this odd wallpaper, that was pointless to have put up.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Tolland, CT
“Treated Like Criminals”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We chose this restaurant because I had bought a Groupon for it for $20 which was for $40 and a free bottle of hot sake. Upon arriving for our reservations, we were shown to a small adjoining room to the main room which was freezing cold. We were the last two to arrive for our hibachi table. After sitting down, a waitress came out and I promptly showed her my Groupon and informed her of the deal. She then asked me if my boyfriend and I were with the couple next to us who were also using a Groupon, because you can only use one per party. I informed her that no, we had never seen those people before in my life. She asked the question again because apparently she didn't believe me. When a different waitress came out fifteen minutes later to take our drink orders, we heard an exchange that once again questioned if we were separate parties. I had to remind the waiter/waitress that we were supposed to receive a free bottle of sake or we wouldn't have gotten it. The food tasted good but portions were not evenly divided amongst guests and rather small. My boyfriend and I both had the filet mignon and chicken and I easily had 1/3 more meat than he did. It took us twenty minutes to get our check and when we did I was shocked to find an 18% gratuity added to our check. No where on the Groupon fine print does it say that gratuity will be added. I went up to the front desk to ask why it was added and show them the groupon description and was given the explanation that "Oh, most people forget to tip on the whole amount of the bill so we put the tip on the bill". That is a horribly shady practice and one that will cause me never to return.

“Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

The customer service at this restaurant is horrible! I would never go back or recommend it! The owner was very rude.

Danbury, Connecticut
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Nothing too special going on here. Decent enough food and sushi, have returned a few times, but nothing that makes me anxious to go back. Not a bad place, but there are better options in the area.

• Visited May 2012