“Not a bad stopover spot”

Super 8 Cromwell/Middletown
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cromwell
Lincoln Park, New Jersey
“Not a bad stopover spot”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

We needed a good jumping off point for our drive to Newport and chose a midway spot based on TripAdvisor reviews. Location was good, room fine, bed pretty comfortable. The continental breakfast includes a waffle-maker which added to my breakfast enjoyment. Actually for an included breakfast, the offerings were pretty good. There were Frosted Flakes an Raisin Bran, different hot instant oatmeals, a few types of juices, milk, Dole mixed fruit cups, Light and Fit yogurts, coffee, tea, and the previously-mentioned waffles. There are also about 5 tables at which to sit and eat. The lobby offers a TV and there is a computer with free wi-fi.

The rates were good, there are an abundance of restaurants/gas stations, etc. right there, and easy highway access. All in all, a good deal. Only complaint would be that there are still smoking rooms in the motel, and although our room was non-smoking, there is an EVER SO SLIGHT smoke to the establishment (VERY SLIGHT and I am super smell-sensitive-my husband had no idea what I was talking about).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Stephanie G, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Cromwell/Middletown, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel online, we really do appreciate hearing back from you all. I am glad that you enjoyed the new breakfast. It has been something that our guests have loved the most about their stay.

I am glad you had a positive stay with us and hope you will return again. If you do have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly at (860)632-8888 or via email at SGorss@gmail.com

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

For an economy stay, this was a surprisingly clean and comfortable place with a Duncan Donut right across the street.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Hi,

I am happy that you had a positive stay with us when you visited. Dunkin Donuts is a requirement for me in the mornings to function, so I happy to say that there is one within walking distance of the hotel, as well as many other quality dining establishments.

greenville,nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed here two nights. It was clean,quiet and the staff was friendly and helpful. There are several great restaurants very close by. I usually stay at bed & breakfasts but this was a last minute trip and it was very affordable. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We really do appreciate hearing back from our guests!!!

I am glad you had a positive stay with us and hope you will return again, if it is for another quick last minute trip or a planned vacation. If you do have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly at (860)632-8888 or via email at SGorss@gmail.com

Dryden, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

My experience was much better than I expected. Air conditioner worked great, it was quiet, clean. The huge king bed was really comfortable, and the pillows were amazing. Small room, but you don't spend a lot of time in the room. Will definitely stay in Super 8's more often.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Yonkers
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

It was close to my conference and extremely clean, quiet and attractive. The front desk clerk was very helpful.

Room Tip: staying on the main floor is easiest for me.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jhammsontag
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

Super 8 is supposed to be inexpensive and adequate. This one had a "nice" room - clean, comfortable king size bed. But it was simply too limited for two people who wanted to get on line. One small desk; no table; little space. Good for one maybe. But the WiFi was weak and needed to have the server reset daily. We could not get on-line reliably. The breakfast had orange juice that wasn't good and coffee that was worse - the in-room coffee was fine. We reserved for 3 nights and we almost cut it short (we are normally very tolerant). It was right next to a freeway - convenient, and not too loud.

Room Tip: If you have two people and want space for two (other than bed), look at the room first.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

Stayed for one night on each of two occasions 6 weeks apart. The room we stayed in this time was on he first floor and had a king bed, was clean but was starting to show some wear. The bed was comfortable and came with 4 king-sized pillows, certainly enough for anyone. The furnishings were simple but adequate. I don't know if WiFi is available, I couldn't find any information to indicate it was. 6 weeks ago we stayed in a recently renovated room on the 3rd floor, still simple in its furnishings but definitely looked a bit fresher. This is a budget hotel so don't expect frills. The continental breakfast consists of cereals, various breads and danish, juices and coffee...simple but adequate. The front desk staff were friendly and overall the hotel was pretty quiet. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the renovated rooms on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cromwell
Radisson Hotel Cromwell
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
Inn at Middletown
Inn at Middletown
#1 of 3 in Middletown

Been to Super 8 Cromwell/Middletown? Share your experiences!