“very nice”

Courtyard Hartford Cromwell
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cromwell
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I went to my friends wedding last week. This hotel is really geared for meetings, weddings, gatherings. They have a nice courtyard, breakfast area, pool situated between courtyard and eating area. Well planned out hotel. There were 3 weddings and a baby shower going on at the same time at this hotel. They are doing a little updating, so the parts of the parking lot was off limits. Clean, comfortable, nicely staffed, I thought so anyway. Free parking, pay for breakfast, free basic wi-fi, a gym area on 3rd floor. I walked across the street they have a nice restaurant, liquor store, get your hair done. The wedding was beautiful by the way. I don't usually give 5 points. This one came close.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I travel every week and have stayed at many Courtyards and this location is the best by far. There are too many perks to list but here are a few... The location is key and has many restaurants in the area to choose from, the entire hotel has been completely remodeled and is extremely clean and modern, furnished with style, and the beds are more comfortable than the one I have at home, the bistro food is perfect for dining in or taking a breakfast sandwich on the go and the concierge is super knowledgable and friendly. Timothy at the front desk has raised the bar as to what hotel customer service should model their employees after. Even when there are other Courtyards in my immediate area, I drive to this location because it is top notch. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Samantha P
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I echo what so many have said already - Tim and his staff are great. Friendly, accomodating and service oriented. For example the guys at the cafe were always at the ready for a hello when you got off the elevator. I had the pleasure of interacting with a brand new hire who is studying hotel management who is certainly learning by example at a good property.

The hotel is in the midst of a big overhaul, and I was lucky enough to get a new room ... done in soft grays unlike most courtyards and their primary colors. It's really nice, although they skimped on some areas (like retiling the bathroom, and getting new fixtures - it was a shame to see cracked moldy tile, and an old toilet when everything else was so nice). Sadly someone had already smoked like a chimney in my room. The staff had done a decent job trying to get rid of the smell, but I'm sensitive to it ... and no amount of linen spray (which I travel with for these situations) could take the lingering stench away. I called down that evening to let them know so that I wasn't a suspect, and Tim graciously offered a room spray but I thought I could get through the night without too many issues. In retrospect I should have asked to change rooms.

There is scaffolding around, so if you're security concious, just make sure that you are not assigned a room with that outside your window.

The location puts you near a grocer, liquor store and a couple fast food spots (it shares a parking lot with Chilli's and there is a nice italian spot you can walk to) and was a great home base for us, as we had early morning business in Middletown.

Room Tip: There is scaffolding around, so if you're security concious, just make sure that you are not ass...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed here to stay overnight for a local wedding. There was a uk contingent of about 30, for whom a block booking had been arranged.

It was a very convenient location. The hotel is reasonably modern, but it is in the process of being refurbished, and it will look really good when finished.

There is plenty of free parking, the ambience is very nice, the staff are very helpful and professional.

The rooms are very spacious, well furnished, large, and the beds are hugh and extremely comfortable.

We were part of a large wedding party staying there, and, surprisingly, there was another large wedding party based there as well, and the staff members were totally at ease with 2 such lrage groups all trying to get ready at the same time.

There was an affiliated bar cum restaurant (called Chilli's) in the car park - good food, good beer.

The bar closed a bit early, and had shut by the time we returned after the wedding, but we had enough of our own to keep us happy.

We would happily recommend this hotel as a good place to stop if you are passing this way.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 15, 2014

The re-model is amazing - the rooms are beautiful. All of the comforts of home and more! the staff are Starbucks could not be better! However I was warmly welcomed by Tim who could not have been more accomadating. I woke the next morning to discover I forgot a few necessities at home and Kareem rushed to my rescue. The staff is amazing!

Room Tip: First floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2014

This hotel was suggested to us in a wedding invitation. It was one of a few suggested. The rate was fair and it was close to the venue where we were going. It is currently undergoing renovation, but for our purposes that did not present a problem. Michael at the front desk was great and the check in was quick and effortless.
The room was nice and seemed well kept after. The "new" clean tv remote was hard to use.
There are food and beverages available on site as well as a Chilli's next door as well as a Price Rite and package store across the street. There was a lot of family and friends for the wedding staying there as well as. As far as I know everyone was satisfied with their stay. Very efficient, clean, and friendly hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This Courtyard has been recently renovated as other posters have mentioned and the rooms are well done with nice fabrics, furnishings and bedding. The mattresses were softer than my husband and I like so not sure if they have been upgraded or not. We found everything to be very clean at the hotel. The staff was friendly and customer service was great in all aspects. Miss that Courtyards do not have free breakfasts like other Marriott brands but there is a nice food area which also has Starbucks coffee and plenty of seating room. We were directed to a movie theater less than two miles from the hotel with reasonable prices and a few miles from that was a area of shops, restaurants and a great Outback we had dinner at. I would gladly stay at this hotel if I was in the area again. A few notes, there are still some renovations going on, the pool and an outside area when we were there. Also, the windows to the first floor rooms seem low and are near the parking lot in the front, so if I was a single traveler. I would probably ask for a room on a higher floor.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cromwell
Radisson Hotel Cromwell
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 4 in Cromwell
Best Western Plus New England Inn & Suites

Been to Courtyard Hartford Cromwell? Share your experiences!