“My Kids & I Loved It!”

Courtyard Hartford Cromwell
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cromwell
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stayed at here a few weeks ago. Everyone at the hotel was great. Checked in by a manager named Ryan and spent a few minutes talking about the hotel and the area attractions. The new rooms are lovely. We had dinner in their restaurant and again saw Ryan. He came over and checked on us and chatted up our kids for a few minutes. To our children's surprise, Ryan came back with ice cream for both of them. WOW!! Our kids loved it (of course) and both my husband and I were blown away. We dont get to travel much due to family obligations but we will definitely stay at this hotel whenever we are in CT. He is an absolute asset to your hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed February 19, 2014

After several hours driving down 91 in snow and rain, the Courtyard Hartford Cromwell was a welcome break. The staff was welcoming and took great care of us. The lobby/eating area had comfortable seating, private tvs and chargers for our laptops and iPads, and excellent bar service. Our room - newly renovated - was sparkling. And all for a very affordable price! Would definitely stay here again. Great place for business travel!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank KPT9699
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We had attempted to travel back to NJ but due to snow and ice on the highway we decided that it would be best to find a place to stay. The closest hotel was this newly renovated Courtyard and we were very satisfied. The staff was extremely helpful, the rooms were refreshed nicely and the morning breakfast was perfect.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I travel on regular basis for work so have seen my fair share of hotels in the last year. I was pleasantly surprised by the recent updates made here. Positives: comfortable room, although some of furnishings showed their age. Clean, modern lobby and lounge area. Full TV listings (might sound minor, but it's a nice luxury for the constant traveler!) Negatives: IWiFi was weak and constantly disconnected. Also, the bistro. I really do like the bistro option, but there was one major issue with this one: there were no options. I couldn't get any food other than a parfait or cold cereal. None of the hot items were available and when I made a polite suggestion to pass along to management that they should consider stocking meat-free breakfast sandwiches (all sandwiches, should they be available, are pre-made and all have some kind of meat on them) I was told "you can go to the McDonald's across the street." That alone will prevent me from returning as a guest. Too bad, as the service elsewhere in the hotel was quite good.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
WHGGuestService, Manager at Courtyard Hartford Cromwell, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Hello Betty,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback of your recent experience with us. Thank you for mentioning our recent hotel renovations. In that regard, I'm happy to convey that we've just completed an Internet upgrade to address the increased technology needs of our guests - something you noted we could improve.

I'm extremely proud of the guest service experience our staff members provide, however, disappointed that a team member may not have appropriately presented our breakfast and dinner offerings that we provide in our Bistro.

I do hope that you may consider staying with us with any future visits to the Cromwell area as I am confident that, given a second chance, we will exceed your expectations.

Steve Matiatos

Reviewed February 5, 2014

As a dedicated road warrior I stay in many different properties across the US, and for the last 6 months I have been a guest at the Cromwell Courtyard. Rooms are usually rooms and the hotel staff faceless, but not here! At the Courtyard Hartford Cromwell, the staff has a deep commitment to more than quality service: they build friendships. When you are in a city for a long time, that becomes the difference between a place to sleep and a home away from home.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have a spa tubs which are relaxing after a long day.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Booked a room here for one night over Martin Luther King weekend- was under the mistaken impression that it was close to Foxwoods where we were going for dinner and a show. I must have selected the wrong location off the Marriott websie because this is a good 40 min ride south of Foxwoods- turns out it was a happy mistake- checkin was a breeze; we stayed in room 315, which was newly renovated. The room was spacious and spotless- the bed was extremely comfortable; the furnishings were modern - a king sized bed, sofa and desk and plenty of room to spare. Easy access to I-91 and Starbucks lattes in the lobby if you prefer that to the in room coffee setup. Though there were plenty of other guests, including a group of young male athletes, the hotel was quiet. Found this Marriott by accident but it was a delightful surprise and, we were 45 mins closer to home by staying here instead of Foxwoods (which was roughly 2 1/2 times the price of the Courtyard).

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stay at hotels fairly regularly but I have honetly never received the kind of service that prompted me to write a review, hence this being my first.
I stayed here back in December for work for 2 nights. I was greeted and checked-in by a manager named Ryan. He assisted me and exuded the type of customer service and recognition that I think all businesses should strive for. The hotel did not seem to be all that busy as it was the week before Christmas, so Ryan took a few minutes after checking me in to take me on a quick tour of the restaurant and lobby area. His pleasant demeanor and accommodating attitude was truly pleasant after a 6 hour flight.
The rest of the staff was very pleasant as well and I think that was in no small part the doing of the top-notch management.
The renovation did not effect my stay at all. If I hadnt been told by a server about it, I would have never known it was going on.
I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cromwell
Radisson Hotel Cromwell
Quality Inn
#4 of 4 in Cromwell
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Best Western Plus New England Inn & Suites

Been to Courtyard Hartford Cromwell? Share your experiences!