“Not the best Courtyard”

Courtyard Hartford Cromwell
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cromwell
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I'm a regular Marriott customer and although everything was fine and the front desk person was lovely, you can tell they tried to turn an old hotel into a Courtyard. They are not quite there yet. Bed & pillows were comfy but the rest of the room furnishings were fairly outdated. No coffee in the lobby as offered. Won't return here.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Short review here...the rooms are solid and what you would expect from a Courtyard site. The lobby was redone over the past year and it is much improved with a speedy check-in process.

I would say that the one downer is that they now have a "restaurant" like eating area and there is no continental or hot continental breakfast. Considering the price of the room was north of $100 per night, I expected at least granola bars or fruit. The only thing they had was coffee, and it wasn't very good.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2013

On our way to Connecticut prior to booking here we stayed at a Spring Hill by Marriot near Scranton PA. This hotel was very nice hence the reason we booked at this Marriot. However, there is no comparison at all. This Marriot was a little outdated and all for about the same price as the Spring Hill Marriot. Staff was friendly and our stay decent. I just don’t understand how you can charge the same and get less. I have read in some other reviews about some upgrades to this hotel. If you plan on staying here ask for an updated room or shop around first before booking.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
WHGGuestService, Manager at Courtyard Hartford Cromwell, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments related to your recent stay at our hotel. I wanted to post a response and thank you for recognizing the friendliness of our associates. I’m extremely proud of my team and I think TripAdvisor members have come to expect nothing short of excellent service from our Team.

I also wanted to take this opportunity to let you know that I read all the comments and reviews on TripAdvisor and use the feedback to make changes and continuously improve the quality of the experience that we provide to our guests. I have to admit that I was disappointed to read that we didn’t meet your expectations and that you didn’t find our hotel to be a good fit. However I will take the information you’ve provided and share it with my team. If you wish to reach out to me directly at the hotel to further discuss your experience, I would love the opportunity to speak with you.

Steve Matiatos,

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We used the Marriott Courtyard for its convenience to our wedding venue. When we first visited the courtyard they were under construction and was told that they would be finished by the time our event was here. They not only were finished with the construction but everything look like it was sparkling. What a nice surprise. Also, we had close to 100 people stay at the courtyard under our wedding block.and there was not one complaint about anything. I thought that the arrival of 100 guests was going to be a bit hairy but again, the staff checked everyone in swift and professional manner with no glitches. We also choose to have a breakfast buffet for our guests the next morning and again everything ran smoothly and the food was great.

I would definitely recommend the Marriott Courtyard in Cromwell, Ct. to anyone staying in this area. Thanks to all the staff for your efforts and professionalism.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The staff here are always friendly and very helpful. I've been staying here for about a year now. It's a Courtyard so you know what you're getting. Plus they always look after me well. Special mention goes to Kareem & Sara

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Even though I was in Cromwell to see family, I also needed to accomplish a critical task for my job on my laptop that would require many hours sitting at the desk in the hotel room. When I initially sat down at the desk, I found that the desk chair would not adjust any higher. I am tall, so found sitting at that level uncomfortable, not only for my legs but also because I had to reach UP to my laptop on the table (I don't know how shorter people handle that part of it.)
I spoke to the lady from Housekeeping, thinking maybe we could switch my chair with one from an vacant room. She said she would talk to her supervisor.
About 10 minutes later, there was a knock on my door; it was "Nick" from Engineering. I told him the problem, he checked the chair and said it was at it's highest setting and he said he thought all the chairs were the same. He would be back after doing some checking.
Again, it was only about 10 minutes and he was back, rolling a black net-backed office chair. He said he had borrowed it from a "short" co-worker. He asked when I'd be checking out so he could come and pick the chair up when I was finished.
I was VERY impressed with his creativity and resourcefulness!
I've stayed at your hotel a few times in the past few years, but it had been about 2 years since my last stay. I was very impressed by your renovations.
Only one negative comment; on Friday morning, I worked out in your exercise room, came down and got a complimentary coffee from your lobby. On Saturday morning, I repeated the routine and found the coffee pots gone. I was told that you had discontinued the complimentary coffee as you were no longer using Marriott brand. My option was
Starbucks - and expensive Starbucks! I'm sorry you have made that decision.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed here three nights when visiting family in the area. The room was large and comfortable. We have traveled all over the world and I tend to judge hotels/motels by the pillows and towels. The pillows were great, the towels adequate. We were not pleased by the sheets and covers on our kingsize bed. The sheets were not of the quality one expects from a Marriott, the cover was too small for the bed. The lobby was large, had a snack bar with tables, chairs and couches. I was impressed with the staff, they were welcoming and helpful. I was disappointed that the hotel didn't provide a continental breakfast, but since we know the area we went to the diner across the highway. We would stay here again when visiting family.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cromwell
Radisson Hotel Cromwell
Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury
Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford CT
Residence Inn Hartford Rocky Hill
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Rocky Hill

Been to Courtyard Hartford Cromwell? Share your experiences!