“Solid Stay”

Radisson Hotel Cromwell
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cromwell
Reviewed October 6, 2008

Paid $55 via priceline for a one night stay at this property. And overall I'm definitely satisfied with the entirety of my stay. The hotel is conveniently located right off the highway (I-91). The room was very clean and well-appointed. I was surprised to see a refrigerator and microwave. Free high speed internet was definitely a plus. The work area was amble and had a very relaxing work chair. The bed was very comfortable. The room service was extremely reasonable and surprisingly very good. I agree with another TripAdvisor Member about the layout of this hotel. It definitely seemed like a maze at times. But I can honestly say I had no issues with this hotel. With that in mind, I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed September 10, 2008

This was the hotel choice for guests of a wedding I attended in Sept. 2007. The lobby of this hotel is beautiful, as is the indoor pool. Once you get upstairs however, a lot is left to be desired. First of all good luck finding your room...I'm not being sarcastic. It was like being in a maze. Directional Signage was not adequate. After 3 days I still could not find the elevator. Room numbers were not always sequential when you got to a new hallway and there were several hallways per floor that intersected each other. There were also 2-story rooms on our floor (which was not the top floor) and seemed to be the cause of irrational slopes or steps in the hallways. These were not handicap accomodations, it just seemed like a poorly designed building. The rooms themselves, if you can find yours, was fine.

The hotel also seems poorly run. They did not put all the wedding group rooms on the same floor or even close to each other. We were all over this crazy hotel and it caused for many noise complaints. When we booked half your hotel, it makes sense to put the rooms close together so the other guests are not inconvenienced by the noise of the group. I would not stay here again unless I was forced.

• Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed August 5, 2008

The lobby is beautiful, that's the best I can say about this particular hotel. The rooms and the housekeeping service leave ALOT to be desired. Our room was nice enough at first until you had to use the bathroom. My 6'2" husband had to duck in the shower just to wash his hair and then had to stand out in the room to have room enough to dry off. There was absolutely no room to do anything in that microscopic bathroom.
As for housekeeping...wow. These are possibly the angriest women on a hotel staff I've ever encountered. Our first night there we did not hang out the "Do Not Disturb" sign... that was a mistake. While I was getting dressed and my husband was in the shower we had houskeeping walk in at 8am on a Sunday no less! Are you kidding? She looked mad that we were there and did not say a word to me. And we still had 6 more nights in this hotel. 2 days later my husband put our towels on the bathroom floor. Which in every hotel I've stayed at around the world means, " I would like fresh towels, please." Not here. As I went to grab a towel the next morning after finishing my shower I noticed it was dirty. When I looked at the towel rack I noticed they were all dirty! She had just picked up all the towels off the floor and hung them up. Unbelieveable! We had one more incident with housekeeping when we forgot to hang the sign on the door again, but this time when she barged in the room at 8am I was in the shower and my husband had to deal with her hostility at the door.
The restaurant was sub-par at best and we only ate there one meal and never returned.
With the exception of the two men who checked us in that first night no staff ever greeted us in anyway or acknowledged us even when directly spoken to.
The parking is a mess as well. Only one night out seven did my we get to park any where near the entrance. The people eating at the restaurant or drinking at the bar apparently have more priority then the people who had to overpay to stay at this property.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who has to stay more then one night. Just don't forget to hang up the "Do Not Disturb" sign.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2007

Ok the front desk staff was nice for starters but the reason I booked this hotel was because they just finished their 6 million renovation, so I thought the whole hotel experience would be great. Well from the outside the hotel looks SEMI-ok, but the lobby is nice and looks renovated. When I entered the room it had a strong smell of microwave butter popcorn. I asked the front desk to spray the room but no one came. The bathroom had a horrible smell of mildew. I called the front desk for the 2nd time for someone to spray the room and the agent said it was too late and someone would come in the morning. The next day no one ever came so I had to borrow febreeze from the housekeeper and spray the room myself. (BTW the febreeze didn't help the smell).
Room service staff was friendly and fast but the food wasn't so great for a hotel that's supposed to be the #1 crowne plaza in the state. The beds were comfortable although I booked a king I received two double beds, but it was fine. The front desk staff although friendly weren't always the most helpful. When I brought my complaint to the front desk manager no compensation was offered, only a simple thanks. I had driven by the CROWNE PLAZA in HARTFORD and their place looked nice, I'd probably stay there instead next time.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank TravelingBee8
Reviewed July 31, 2007

After Staying in the Crowne in Silver Springs Md. we were very surprised by our stay here. The service at this hotel was great and the rooms were clean and fresh. We even ordered room service and it was right on time with a huge wonderful breakfast. The pool was open late and open early. The indoor pool was clean and perfect. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We went out of our way to stay at this hotel and would go out of our way again. We booked through a discount service but would specifically find this hotel if in the area again. This was a great stay at a great location.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank pastorman
Reviewed April 15, 2007

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for 4 days recently for a family funeral and I have to say the hotel was very nice and for the room price, it was great. But the best part was the customer oriented workers throughout the hotel. Everyone from the front desk to the young man that ran to get me utensils when I came in with Chinese takeout to the ladies that cleaned the room and even the very pleasant maintenance man that had a big smile and a "Good Morning" every day. The bartenders and servers were also wonderful and made a very sad occasion much nicer for myself and my family while we were there.

The room was lovely - large and clean. The hotel is undergoing renovations so the pool and jacuzzi are being redone, but everything else was in great condition.

• Stayed: April 2007
3  Thank Jascat
Reviewed September 3, 2006

My wife, daughter, and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hartford-Cromwell Friday, August 25 - Wednesday, August 30, 2006. I had made a reservation through the Priority Club web site for a junior suite, but no junior suite was available due to renovations, a point that had not been disclosed at the time that I booked the suite or when it was confirmed.

The young lady who was working at the front desk late Friday evening, was extremely polite and apologetic and, at the late hour that we had arrived, could only place us in a double room. The next day, however, after consulting with her supervisor, she was kind enough to place us in an available suite. As it turned out, due to the ongoing renovations, the only available suite was the Presidential Suite! You have no idea how appreciative we were at being placed in that suite. We had traveled to Cromwell to accompany our only daughter to her first week in college at nearby Wesleyan University. By themselves, the bags and boxes that we had to travel with probably would have filled out the entire room if we had stayed in the double during our entire stay. Instead, the suite gave us plenty of room to unpack and repack and transition from only-daughter parents to empty nesters. The young lady was helpful, cheerful, and continued to greet us every day, inquiring to ensure that we were happy with our accommodations. This employee and her supervisor converted a potential problem into a very pleasant stay at your hotel.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
11  Thank crvcrv
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cromwell
Courtyard Hartford Cromwell
Inn at Middletown
#1 of 3 in Middletown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden
Best Western Plus New England Inn & Suites

Been to Radisson Hotel Cromwell? Share your experiences!