All reviews hot tub the hotel staff meeting room an older hotel king room off the highway front desk staff hotel room family wedding fitness center flat screen tv the entire staff convenient location bed was very comfortable conference francis sauna
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I am so glas someone else commented on the tragedy that happened on NYE 2013. I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Cromwell CT with my friend and her family. I was in shock when I saw hey were having a huge club rapper party. We were so scared in this hotel. It got really crazy after midnight. People were fighting in the halls and destroying hotel property. I saw a man outside my door with a gun and thats when I lost it and called 911. We will never stay at the Crowne Plaza Cromwell again.

Date of stay: December 2013
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Laura M
Steven G, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Cromwell, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

We deeply apologize for the event on New Years Eve, The promoter led us to believe it was going to bring in an upscale clientel. We can assure you we will never do business with this promoter again or host any type of event like this.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Disgusting.. Have TriStateTakeover party by 93.7 and a shooting accured as well as 200 fights..People smoking pot, cigs and crack in the halls... People having sex in our hallway... Beer Bottles thrown against our door.. Never ever would we imagine this would happen there.. We had to lock ourselves in our room because we were scared to leave.

Date of stay: January 2014
Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank mac d
Steven G, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Cromwell, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

We apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. Some of our guests overindulged on New Years Eve and created a disturbance for the remainder of our guests. We are sincerely sorry that you were not able to ring in the New Year as planned!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed here two nights and generally good except that overall the hotel is starting to look a bit shabby and the rooms are definitely in need of an update.

First room was next to the indoor swimming pool which meant no natural daylight and was very damp and smelt of chlorine. We were told there were no other king rooms available and only after complaining were given a room which actually had a window but even so was looking a bit old.

Staff were very helpful and especially the bar staff where we had dinner and drinks in the first night - she was very good and managed a busy bar well.

Stayed on points so can't comment on value for money.

Date of stay: October 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Steven G, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Cromwell, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and for recognizing our staff! We have been working on enhancing our guest room experience with a new bedding package as well as new wall coverings in many of our rooms. We hope it will satisfy you on your next visit.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed several nights as a wedding party/family and had a good time. The rooms were clean and equipped as expected. The service was very attentive. The bar area, although smallish, has a nice seating area adjacent. Good place for group events or solo traveler. Would def stay again.
(Note that I had booked a couple of nights at the "group rate". And when I needed to add a night the price significantly jumped..on a Wednesday. I booked the room on Priceline and paid less than group rate for that night).

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

We appreciate you taking the time to give us a good review. We're happy you enjoyed your stay and found our bar area to your liking! Hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

The company that I work for had their Christmas Party this past weekend at the Crowne Plaza Hartford-Cromwell. The room that we had the event in was spacious, the tables were attractively decorated. We had appetizers that were good, then the meal. They served a very large crowd and the food was hot. The waiter, Damian, who served our table was terrific! He was professional, yet had a great sense of humor, and was very attentive. The other waitstaff was polite, but he really was a pleasure! The Crowne Plaza also offered our company a discount on rooms if we needed to stay as there was a snowstorm that evening. I did not stay, so I can not review the rooms themselves!

Date of stay: December 2013
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank thinair6
Steven G, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Cromwell, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

It is not very often we get reviewed on our Banquet Operation and we thank you for your favorable comments. Damian has recently joined our team and has made a positive impact. We are glad to hear he did the same for you. We look forward to hosting your Holiday Party again next year!