“Great Staff!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cromwell
Hartford, Connecticut
“Great Staff!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Professional, caring staff! Checked into the hotel -- only to find that I had made my reservations for the wrong night. Karen Hendricks at the front desk didn't blink an eye -- and was able to get me a room for that night. However, I'd originally booked my room using a special Priceline rate. So, I figured I was going to lose that rate at the very least. However, Karen did some quick research and was able to keep my rate the same. She didn't have to do that -- but she put in the extra effort and it meant a lot to me. Thank you!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Steven G, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cromwell, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you so much for recognizing Karen H as going above and beyond to take care of your reservation. She was thrilled to get the feedback and we appreciate the great review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Hebrew first
Methuen
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Once again we have stayed at the Crowned Plaza Hotel Hartford in Cromwelll, CT. We were there for the FurFright convention. As usual, the hotel staff was fantastic and the hotel itself was great. Lots of parking. Looking forward to returning in 2014.

Green Features: This hotel recycles. There were recycle containers in our hotel room (as well as a regular trash basket) and there were many recycle containers throughout the hotel. I wish more hotels would do this.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Steven G, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cromwell, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Awesome! Thanks for your comments and we are thrilled you had a great time at the convention! We look forward to hosting the event again next year.
Marlton, New Jersey
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed here with friends for a convention over the past week.

Upon arrival I noticed how small the hotel was, but that wasnt a issue. There was plenty of parking. The entrance of the hotel is nice, the basic hotel feel.

The room was my major issue. It was so small for a two bed room. The bathroom was even SMALLER. Many people have also reviewed such on T.A. The bathroom was uncomfortable to do anything in because of its size. When you sit down on the (already tiny sized toilet) your legs where about to hit the tub in front of you. Towels in the bathroom where rough as well, and the tub took a long time for the water to drain, so it was clogged up.

We had the room that was suppost to go to the "pool" area, but our sliding glass door was broken and would not open, so we where stuck with a glass door right next to our windows to hear the loud pool noises and couldn't even go out that way ourselfs.

Besides the tiny and outdated room, we had just one issue with staff. The male bar tender who waited on us, (or rather ignored us the entire time to the point of us walking away) was so shocking. The bar was very busy with people from the convention, but we where skipped so many times we got mad and left.

The public bathrooms by the ballrooms and conventions room where kept very clean, which is a plus. For as how many people where staying at the convention, the overall hotel was kept clean.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations in all areas but are happy you enjoyed yourself at the Fur Fright Convention.
Cranston, Rhode Island
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed here for a midweek golf get together with friends. Picked hotel as it was a central location. Checking was flawless, was upgraded to concierge level. Manager on duty Ira was outstanding. Bartender Joe was friendly and handles a full bar easily. Ladies in concierge lounge were welcoming. It was like sitting in you own living room. Two nights sleep and the bed was so comfortable, no back ache! Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Steven G, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cromwell, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thanks for the great comments about our staff and our "comfortable" beds. We hope the good nights sleep helped your golf game!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I had a pleasant stay at this hotel. Parking was ample, and the check-in process went smoothly. They offer a welcome gift to IHG Rewards members, and there are fresh cookies in the lobby. The lobby itself is nice, but smaller than it appears in some pictures. There is a ton of meeting and convention space, which was being used by a few companies and a wedding while I was staying there. The common areas of the hotel are a little bit outdated, but you don't spend much time there anyway. The pool and fitness center seemed nice, and there is an on-site restaurant and bar.

The room itself was very nice. It was bright, modern, and clean. That's all you can really ask for. The bathroom was a tad bit small, but what do you really need a huge bathroom for anyway. Housekeeping did a great job cleaning the room, and also respected the do not disturb sign on the door. Overall, it was an enjoyable stay.

Also, the hotel is right off the highway. It is close to many stores and restaurants, and only about a 20 minute drive away from the Durham Fair.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Steven G, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cromwell, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Great review! Thanks for you feedback.
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed here with a conference. Not bad, but not great either. My rom was ok, but the AC unit was really loud. Conference facilities were ok, but could use a serious updating. Food was mediocre. In general this was ok, but could be a lot better. One good point was that the bar had decent food, and the bartenders were good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Steven G, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cromwell, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thanks for your comments. I will share the "OK not Great" comments with my staff in an effort to turn that into a "Great not OK" stay next time you are with us.
Home
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The first time I approached the hotel, I passed it by (because their sign by the road was so small). Being in the lane farthest right, I found myself in the turn lane for the interstate and couldn't avoid having to take it, so I had to drive the interstate until I could find my way back around to the hotel. Once at the hotel, I was given a really nice room, but it was the farthest from the elevator they could assign me (there were NO porters). Still, I wasn't put off; I merely dialed from that room and asked if they could help and reassign me to a room closer to the elevator. Not only did she do that, the desk clerk, Rosie (a real gem!), came up and took my things herself to a lovely room closer to the elevator. It felt very private also, being in a small alcove away from other rooms. I experienced a problem connecting to their Wi-Fi, and again a desk clerk, I believe perhaps Libby, assisted me easily. When I checked out, the last problem I experienced was a wedding party blocking the entire entrance/exit with their revelry (a traditional Hindu celebration) the morning I left. Perhaps the hotel should not inconvenience all their guests and instead, have the wedding party in a private area. I had to push my luggage on the rack out a side exit and around the hotel to my vehicle in the front of the hotel, quite a long detour. Still with these problems, I would stay here again and would recommend this hotel to others. Certainly, I ran into things that were not common with the exception of there being no porters. It was a great value; the staff was friendly and very accommodating; and the place was very clean. They also have a business center to print your flight information if necessary.

Room Tip: Rooms 216 and 217 are the best out-of-the-way rooms in a small alcove!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Miern
Steven G, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cromwell, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
We are thrilled you had such a positive experience with Rosie and Libby. Sorry you had trouble finding us...we're right off I-91 at exit 21 and then turn left. Hope to have you with us again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cromwell
Courtyard Hartford Cromwell
Hampton Inn Rocky Hill
#2 of 5 in Rocky Hill
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Best Western Plus New England Inn & Suites

Been to Radisson Hotel Cromwell? Share your experiences!