“Not great, not bad; equal measures of good service, no service”

Radisson Hotel Cromwell
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cromwell
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I was here for a convention. My room was comfortable and moderately appointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back of the hotel, much quieter away from the elevators and suites.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TomCTTrip

Reviewed March 20, 2012

This hotel is very nice and in a nice quiet town just 20 minutes from Hartford. Easy to find, excellent wait staff and accommodations. Comfortable beds with excellent linens and towels. The value was great. Although my company paid for the room, I noticed that it was $105 a night and it was well worth it. The restaurant downstairs was good and affordable and I was just minutes away from a CVS and a Walgreens if I needed anything.

Room Tip: Request one away from the pool (unless you like to watch the swimmers from your room). I could hear...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I stayed here overnight as a part of the TRiO program conference, and I was impressed! The room was comfortable and clean,the bed freshly made on our arrival. All of the staff was friendly and helpful to everything, and I really enjoyed my stay. My only two complaints was that the jacuzzi was too hot(it felt like I was being boiled as soon as I got in), and that the wifi didn't work as well as we had hoped. Other than that, I enjoyed my stay here. I would recommend it to anyone who would visit Cromwell. I fell in love with everything about the hotel-the indoor pool was fantastic, the Gardens is a very nice place to eat in the evening. I only wish I could've stayed longer! Crowne Plaza, you have my seal of approval! Thank you for a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I researched all the local CT hotels with indoor pools with a hot tub so my 3 kids and wife could go swimming during school vacation. The crowne plaza we tried out and the pool is amzing due to a full glass dome. we were there last sunday and the sun was shinning and eventhough its the middle of winter, it felt like we were in Florida.

We also reserved a Jr suite which was b-level and while the bathroom was small, everything was very clean and reasonably equiped.

We also eat dinner at Sheffields in the lobby which was OK. It was sunday night and i guess they are not typically open, so we were the only people in the restuarant. they had a thankgiving day type buffet and the turkey was great.

The service and staff were very accomodating and very nice

Room Tip: room 222 right on the pool
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kbwesler
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times because of its location and proximity to my business meetings. I arrived late at night on 1/30 and stayed for a week. The night staff was very helpful in getting me a quiet room. Having stayed here in the past I have had issues with noise at this hotel. Bus loads of people will arrive at any time at night and the groups can be very noisy. It is a business hotel in need of a face lift especially in the bathrooms. The maids do their best at keeping the rooms clean. The morning service is very quick and not much gets done except picking up the sheets, towels and wiping the counters. I had to ask for soap twice. I think my biggest complaint at this hotel is the loud noise that the maids make in the hallways in the morning. They have total disregard for the guests and speak very, very loud to themselves in the hallways while going from room to room. I was on the third floor on Monday 2/6/12 and could not bear the loud voice of the maids. Therefore, I left early. Management should look into that. The heating units are through the wall type so you will wake up if you are a light sleeper. WIFI is free. I got a great deal on line and it is the best around if you want to stay in Cromwell. So, I really am not complaining. I got what I paid for.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room at reservation time and upon arrival
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
hbarth, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Cromwell, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments and concerns with us. Although this is the first time we have received comments regarding loud housekeeping staff who speak to themselves we will certainly research who was assigned to your room and address it with them. Thanks for letting us know so that we can rectify this for our future guests.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

Nice....Clean! No problems at all. Friendly staff. YES....I would reccommend!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I was an overnight guest here this past week and was very displeased with the quality of service me and my wife expearenced. Upon our arrival, we here annoyed that there was no luggage carts nor Bellman to assist us with our luggage. While we were checking in, I brought this matter to the attention to Ira, the Front Desk Supervisor who had a horrible attitude from the start. He snarkly replied "Our hotel does not staff Bellman!" For a hotel of this size, you would think they would have someone on staff to help guests with luggage during the busy hours. Wrong! He basically tossed us our room keys, without so much as a "Do you need help with your bags?" or a friendly "I hope you enjoy your stay."

After what seemed like an never ending maze to our room, with absolutely no assistance with our bags (I had requested a room close to the elevator to accommodate my handicapped wife), our rooms keys did not work! When we were finally able to get in, we were upset to see what was before us. No clean linens, soap, or toilet paper!! We called the Front Desk and spoke to Ira who said he would send housekeeping to fix the issue. About 45 minutes later, a lady from the Housekeeping Department finally came, literally handed the linens to us and porceded to go. I kindly mentioned how I was not pleased with the hotels service (or lack of) thus far and she muttered something under her breath in Polish. Just when we thought nothing else could go wrong, we couldn't even use the internet due to it not working. Our calls to the Front Desk regarding our concerns seemed to fall on deaf ears!

As frequent travelers and patrons of many different lodging facilities, we have never endured such an awful, uncomfortable and terrible trip as we did at The Crowne Plaza of Cromwell. For the price we paid, we expected warm and friendly service at the very least. We will never stay over again here, should we ever travel to this area in the future.

Mark
Dunwoody Georgia

Room Tip: Go to different hotel!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark S
hbarth, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Cromwell, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments and concerns with us. I would like to apologize for the rude customer service from the front desk and housekeeping. This is usually an area that we excel at and was surprised by your comments about Ira. He recently won our Associate of the Year Award for his outstanding customer service based on the many positive comments we have received from our guests. We will be sure to share your comments with the individuals involved so that we can make sure it does not occur in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cromwell
Courtyard Hartford Cromwell
Inn at Middletown
#1 of 3 in Middletown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden
Best Western Plus New England Inn & Suites

Been to Radisson Hotel Cromwell? Share your experiences!