“Had a great stay even in a snowstorm”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cromwell
Reviewed January 24, 2011

When I think Comfort Inn I think budget hotel, but this place disproves my theory. I recently stayed here for a night due to snowstorm before heading into the city for the weekend and can't say I have a single complaint, in fact the rooms were quite nice and BIG,clean as well. The hotel is located at the exit we were stuck at and was right at the exit,We could not go any feather so thinking I was going to get ripped off, How wrong I was, I think we only paid about $70 for the night, which I think would be hard to beat with hot breakfast what really was great is the staff, friendly and helpfull, the maint man even helped me clean the snow off the car in the morning.
I'm not often in this area anymore, but if I ever needed a place to stay in Hartford area
this place would be at the top of my list.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 5, 2010

I checked in at 1:30 AM. Given the key to room 309. I opened the door, turned on the light, and there was a mattress or box spring standing on the short end, leaning against the wall. Farther in the room, there was a white plastic trash bag laying on the floor. Also, 3 more matresses or box springs standing up on the short end leaning against walls, 2 bed frames apart and leaning against the wall. I turned off the light , locked the door, and returned to the front desk. The clerk, Brett, who was very decent, offered me another room. I declined; I didn't want to take a chance on a property that would leave a room like 309 in their available inventory. It was NOT the desk clerk's fault. This place obviously has a serious management problem.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
comfortinncromwell, Webmaster at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2010

Dear Retired Hoghead,

I’m sorry that your attempt to stay at Comfort Inn didn’t work out. I’m sure you were quite surprised when you entered room 309.

Thank you for giving us a review. Upon receipt of your review the following action was taken:

1) The management staff received extra training in the keeping of records showing which rooms were available for occupation.

I hope that the next time you visit in our area, you will once again attempt to stay at Comfort Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed May 5, 2010

This place is right off of the highway, so the location is convenient, although there's not much else there. I was traveling for business and was staying for just one night so it suited my purpose. My King Suite room was huge which was nice. The rest of the place was fine as well...it was clean and the the bed was comfortable. The furniture was a bit old and dated but was in decent shape. The internet was on the slow side which is always a pet peeve of mine. Overall though, it was fine for a business traveler for a one-night value stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2010

I would give this place a 3.5 rating if I could, but since I thought the previous reviews were too harsh, I decided to err on the side of kindness. The bed was comfy and the mattress looked new. Everything was clean, if worn out. The AC worked just fine, and the staff was pleasant enough. I thought it was a little on the expensive side given it's average quality for a mid-low priced hotel, but I think the whole area is more expensive than normal since some of the other chains were over $100. Oh, and they let me check in early, though that was probably because they weren't booked full...

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2010

This was a trip to Connecticut to visit family over the holidays. Went to Comfort Inn as they are one of the few local hotels that take pets. The room was adequate (a little run down, peeling wallpaper, loose tiles etc.). The heater was broken and kept short-cycling. Breakfast was okay.
Problem was with Housekeeping . They were off on Christmas day which was fine and understandable. They gave us towels and we were okay. However on the 26th, we were running a little late. It was 10AM and housekeeping slid a note under the door saying that as we had not left the room yet, they would not be in to clean. I called the front desk and said we would be out within the hour and I asked how long housekeeping worked. They told me "until they are done".
After we left, they vacuumed, but did not make the bed and left only 2 sets of towels. They had also turned off the heat during a 25 degree day.
We had stayed at this hotel 5 years earlier, but it has obviously changed ownership.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Comfort Inn during your recent visit to our area. I hope your visit with your family was a wonderful one.

Upon the receipt of your review, the following action was taken:

• Housekeeping staff received extra training concerning their responsibilities in carrying out their duties in cleaning and properly maintaining the rooms of our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit in our area, you will once again choose to stay at Comfort Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Sincerely

Reviewed December 22, 2009

I stopped here after being caught in a storm. Collect the coupon books at the rest stop before you come. They give you a good price with the coupon. The hotel was worn but clean. Front desk was fine, nothing extraordinary. Good location, right off exit. Convenient to food places (within driving distance). Safe area. Breakfast was decent - waffles!
There were stains on the sheets and carpet. Nothing that made me feel yucky but mostly a result of just being old. Overall, it was a good place for an emergency situation.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2009

worst comfort in i have stayed in! doors not secure unpleasant desk staafly locked

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. These reviews help us to be sure that the standards we sit for our establishment are being upheld.

Upon the receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) The management staff received extra training regarding the courteous way in which they are to treat our valued guests.

2) Housekeeping staff received extra training concerning the level of cleanliness which they are to maintain in carrying out their duties as our employees.

3)Maintenance staff was instructed to check the doors of the rooms and make sure that they are all secure.

I hope that the next time you visit in our area, you will once again choose to stay at the Comfort Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cromwell
Radisson Hotel Cromwell
Red Roof Inn Hartford - New Britain
Courtyard Hartford Cromwell
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Rocky Hill
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!