Quality Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewshall noiseroom was cleanfirst floormake your own wafflesplumbingreceptionistchannels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed in the Quality Inn overnight for a visit to Wesleyan. The price is right, no doubt, but you get what you pay for. The hotel offers a clean room for a night. The room has a somewhat unpleasant sterile smell in it, but the sheets were clean, the room was roomy, the TV worked, and the wifi was free and relatively speedy. The bathroom was clean as well. The main downside to the room was a lack of plugs in which to recharge your devices. In all, this is a perfectly fine place to stay for a night, convenient to many stores, eateries, and Middletown. Would stay here again, but only if I were just passing through.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
cromwellqualityinn, Webmaster at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m glad you had an enjoyable stay. We take great pride in this hotel and believe it shows. We are involved in a continuous improvement process and will take your comments about outlets and the scent of our cleaning products into consideration as we get better and better. I look forward to having you with us again soon.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband checked in before I arrived and the smell of the room was so bad he asked for a different room. When I arrived and came in to the new room I was immediately overcome by a smell that was a cross between a gym locker room and urine. He commented that this was much better than the first room they'd given us. It was very late but I found it very difficult to fall asleep. The smell made the room feel dirty even if it wasn't. It was so strong I never acclimated to it. Opening the window didn't help. On the plus side, the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The shower was nice. But overall the place is in serious need of renovation. Everything felt old and tired.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m glad you found the bed and pillows we provided comfortable. We’re involved in a continuous improvement process and will take your comments about an unpleasant odor into account as we change and improve. We take great pride in this hotel and satisfy many guests each night. We hope you’ll return to our comfortable beds again soon.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

There was certainly nothing horrible about this hotel, but it is barely keeping itself together. The outside looks surprisingly fresh compared to the inside, where everything is just worn down yet still functional. The rooms are large and the beds comfortable, but the rugs have barely any pile left; yet they seem to be clean. The bathroom is functional, but there are cracked tiles and peeling paint. Again, nothing debilitating, but it looks like it could deteriorate at any moment. The wi-fi was non-existent for a few hours, then mysteriously kicked in and was reasonably fast. Breakfast was OK but they did not replenish some of the items even though it was Sunday and people were eating a tad later. The room a/c was ancient, but it cooled well and did not have the irritating "auto" setting that cycles the fan off. In short, hit or miss. Good for sleeping but don't expect much more. Close to interstate and various stores. Good Chinese restaurant (Wangs) down the street.

Room Tip: wi-fi may be better nearer to the lobby. Maybe
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m glad you found a good night’s sleep, but I’m sorry that we failed to exceed your expectations. We satisfy hundreds of people completely each month and apologize that we couldn’t satisfy you. We’re continuously improving and hope you’ll stay with us again to see how we’re getting better and better each day.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed April 28, 2014

My wife and I were in Cromwell, CT on unexpected family business. Because of the length of our stay (1 week) we needed comfortable accommodations but also a good value. Trip Advisor reviews for this hotel were good so we chose to stay there. We were not disappointed.

The hotel offers basic amenities. However, the rooms were clean, large and the beds were quite comfortable. The desk staff and the housekeeper responsible for our room, Emsley, were friendly and helpful. The AAA rate for our room was quite reasonable. If there was a downside it was that the breakfast was OK but not great. Still, considering everything, I do not hesitate recommending this hotel to anyone. By the way, the hotel is located very close to I91, pharmacies and food stores. Very convenient.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We actually live in this town but we had to stay in this hotel for a week due to some renovations in our house. Our stay was absolutely wonderful, the breakfast we awesome and lots of choices. We never expected hot breakfast for the price we paid for our stay! Staff was very helpful and friendly! If you happen to be in the area this is a great place to stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family