“Oh yeah this place is "quality" alright.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cromwell
“Oh yeah this place is "quality" alright.”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is by far the worst place ever stayed in and way over priced. Me and my husband are traveling up to Maine to see family from ft Campbell Kentucky and after driving for 15 or so hours we decided it was time to find a place to crash. We had dogs and were referred by another hotel that they allow pets. When checking in we requested a pet friendly room which we were quoted $80 which seemed high from the looks of the place. Well we walk into the room and it reals of old carpet and smells like a grandmas perfume that over powers the place. The carpets also looked like they barely vacuumed it probably because they are 30 years old. The bathroom floor had some sort of stain on it which I didn't feel safe walking my bare feet on. The door in the bathroom needed repairs, the ceiling had large dark spot and wallpaper missing in the bathroom. I am glad I brought my own blankets and pillow but plan to wash as soon as I get to my location.
Upon checking out my husband finds we are charged $112 instead of $80 that we were quoted. After asking why the desk lady (very unfriendly) says that it's because we are charged a pet fee. Interesting that the night before we requested a pet friendly room and quoted differently. Well the lady then says well I can call the guy that was here but she can't because he was on night shift. After that she could talk to a manager... Very rude staff and did nothing to solve out issues. Do not stay here!

• Stayed February 2013
cromwellqualityinn, Webmaster at Quality Inn, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. We apologize that your stay did not live up to your expectations. Comments like these, even from so long ago, help us understand how we need to improve. That’s why we take them seriously. We have recommitted ourselves to the best possible experience for all guests in recent weeks, and I hope that shows in everything we do.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have used this hotel for years for our frequent guests without problems. I planned a five night stay for a guest who upon check-in found the hallway and room area to be smoky. When asked at desk for assistance, my guest was told there were no other rooms available [probably due to Hurricane Sandy]. When the manager was requested, my guest was told that the manager was unavailable and did not have scheduled hours. I appealed to Corporate, but these are franchised hotels and got no help. So the price maybe good, other Quality Inns maybe good; but if you have a problem here you may not find anyone to help. The desk clerk is powerless and so "oh well". I now choose different hotels for my guests....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank John_Lee_M
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. You stayed with us during a natural disaster at a time when we were doing the very best we could to accommodate as many people as possible. Fortunately, we were able to satisfy most guest. If you were not 100 percent satisfied despite the hurricane, I apologize. We’re committed to great service even when they wind is howling and the rain is coming down, and I’m sorry we let you down.

Hotel Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Cromwell hotels

South Carolina
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Convenient to highway. Very small breakfast room, but they had continental breakfast and a couple of hot items. Rooms were a good size and beds were comfortable. Our room had a refrigerator and a microwave. Good lighting in the room. Staff was friendly and helpful. No pool and didn't have a chance to use the exercise room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank INSCNOW
Middletown, Connecticut
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I booked one night in a double bed room. My best man and I stayed there prior to my wedding, since I can't see my bride the day of. Since check out was at 11am and our limo wasn't coming until 2pm we had some time to hang around. Instead of kicking us out of our room the manager allowed us to stay in the room until the limo came. The room was great size and breakfast wasn't bad at all. Thank you Quality Inn staff!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Elyria, Ohio
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Through my travels I am convinced that personal experience overtakes reviews. However, i have also noted that great experiences need to be recognized. A great location, with clean rooms and a reasonable price are important, but customer service is a must. I have stayed at many hotels with lousy service and places like these which make it an excellent personal experience to always remember your trip.

My husband and I have stayed at this location a few times and have always had a great experience. The rooms are clean, comfortable and cosy. The staff is very friendly especially management who will do their utmost to help you in anyway. We thoroughly enjoy vacations and don't fuss over little issues that every accommodation/hotel/restaurant/service industry experiences.Overall, we loved our stay and highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We always ask for room on groud floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised at the appearance and comfort of this former Comfort Inn. It's aged a bit (the reason for the downgrade from Comfort Inn, I presume) but still retains the larger rooms of the pricier Choice Hotels marque. Everything worked fine in the room. It was clean. The bed was just O.K. But the price, compared to other Choice offerings in the Hartford area, combined with the "better than expected" quality led us to stay two nights on our annual four week summer driving vacation. Also, eggs and sausage, plus the normal continental cold breakfast items cinched the deal for us. Probably as good a Quality Inn as we've stayed in recently.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jerry R
Reviewed May 6, 2012

The people booking for my group booked late and we stayed at this hotel. It was Awful! Although the rooms stated that they were non smoking, there had been zero renovations done since the change took place. The room smelled strongly of smoke, there were cigarette burn stains on the sink. There was no fridge, no microwave and the mattress was smaller than the box spring. The mattress was also very old. Sleeping on it felt like I was in a child's bouncing toy. Even after taking an Advil PM, I did not sleep all night. In the morning, the shower had very little pressure and the water was not hot. I would not stay her again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. They help us understand how we can improve the hotel. Your comments were long ago, however, and the issues you mention have long since been addressed. I’m sorry, however, that we couldn’t provide you with a better stay when you visited us. I hope you’ll try us again and see how we’ve changed. You’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Hotel Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cromwell
Radisson Hotel Cromwell
#1 of 3 in Middletown
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Quality Inn & Suites Meriden
Residence Inn Hartford Rocky Hill

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!