“Good stay away from home!””
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Cromwell
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Through my travels I am convinced that personal experience overtakes reviews. However, i have also noted that great experiences need to be recognized. A great location, with clean rooms and a reasonable price are important, but customer service is a must. I have stayed at many hotels with lousy service and places like these which make it an excellent personal experience to always remember your trip.

My husband and I have stayed at this location a few times and have always had a great experience. The rooms are clean, comfortable and cosy. The staff is very friendly especially management who will do their utmost to help you in anyway. We thoroughly enjoy vacations and don't fuss over little issues that every accommodation/hotel/restaurant/service industry experiences.Overall, we loved our stay and highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We always ask for room on groud floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised at the appearance and comfort of this former Comfort Inn. It's aged a bit (the reason for the downgrade from Comfort Inn, I presume) but still retains the larger rooms of the pricier Choice Hotels marque. Everything worked fine in the room. It was clean. The bed was just O.K. But the price, compared to other Choice offerings in the Hartford area, combined with the "better than expected" quality led us to stay two nights on our annual four week summer driving vacation. Also, eggs and sausage, plus the normal continental cold breakfast items cinched the deal for us. Probably as good a Quality Inn as we've stayed in recently.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry R
Reviewed May 6, 2012

The people booking for my group booked late and we stayed at this hotel. It was Awful! Although the rooms stated that they were non smoking, there had been zero renovations done since the change took place. The room smelled strongly of smoke, there were cigarette burn stains on the sink. There was no fridge, no microwave and the mattress was smaller than the box spring. The mattress was also very old. Sleeping on it felt like I was in a child's bouncing toy. Even after taking an Advil PM, I did not sleep all night. In the morning, the shower had very little pressure and the water was not hot. I would not stay her again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
cromwellqualityinn, Webmaster at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. They help us understand how we can improve the hotel. Your comments were long ago, however, and the issues you mention have long since been addressed. I’m sorry, however, that we couldn’t provide you with a better stay when you visited us. I hope you’ll try us again and see how we’ve changed. You’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

Basic room but very helpful reception staff who had offered us great help.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2011

I pulled in to this hotel because it was a late night and I was on business driving back home to Boston. I hadn't intended to stay the night anywhere but was really tired and saw this place and gave it a try. The desk staff was very pleasant. The hallway on my floor was dirty and the carpets were stained and it did smell like cigarettes even though it was supposedly non-smoking. The room was very dated, but it was very clean and the furniture was well-kept. Now that I have read the other reviews about the bed bugs I shudder to even think about what I might have been sleeping with, but I was tired and it was late so I didn't even check before climbing in to bed. Mainly because I thought that since the room looked so clean it would be fine. I have to say that the bed was actually very comfortable and the sheets and pillows definitely smelled clean. I slept really well actually and checked out early the next morning to get back on the road. They also serve a continental breakfast which was a nice touch for a budget hotel. It looked as though they also had a computer in the lobby available for use although I'm not sure if there was a fee. I do know that they have free wifi and they give you the password information when you check in.

All in all, I would say if you are not picky and just need the basics this place is fine.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jmstanl85

Dear Guest,

Thanks for recognizing the overall value of our property and the rooms we provide. I feel, however, that we did not 100 percent satisfy you, and I sincerely apologize. I know that your stay was a long time ago, but you still deserve an apology that we did not exceed your expectations. I hope you have stayed with us since and see how we’re improving. We look forward to welcoming you in the future as well.

Reviewed September 3, 2011

I should start by saying the front desk staff was friendly and helpful. That is the only thing good I have to say about this hotel though. The halls are dirty looking with stained carpets and even though I think all the rooms on our floor were no smoking it smelled like cigarette smoke. Going into the rooms was more of the same. Everything just seemed dirty. Stains on carpets, bedding, ironing board cover. During the evening I wanted to get some soda and followed the sign in the room that indicated vending machines at the end of the hall but there were none there. I had to go to the main floor and those were out of order so I had to drive to a gas station to get something.

I have come to expect better from choice brand hotels. I have stayed at $50/night hotels that were better than this.

• Stayed: August 2011
comfortinncromwell, Webmaster at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found our front desk staff to be friendly and helpful. I would have expected nothing less from them, but that is always nice to hear.

• Maintenance was informed of the odor of cigarette smoke you reported smelling in the non-smoking area and instructed to see what could be done to eliminate it.

• Desk staff was informed of the nice comments you made about them and received our commendation.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed June 7, 2011

We found (and photographed) bed bugs in our room. Reported it to the front desk, immediately asking for our credit card to be credited and left. The front desk clerk and manager looked at the photo and nodded yes when they saw the picture. It is a dirty and unkempt hotel so maybe it is no surprise. Now called the Quality Inn.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank lessismore7
comfortinncromwell, Webmaster at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• Housekeeping staff received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

• Maintenance staff was notified of your report of bedbugs in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to their extermination.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Comfort Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cromwell
Radisson Hotel Cromwell
#1 of 3 in Middletown
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
Quality Inn & Suites Meriden
Best Western Plus New England Inn & Suites

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!