“Consistent”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Decent food in a comfortable atmosphere. The service is always spot on and they make good drinks. This place is worth a try if you're in the area.

1  Thank Renee V

Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

The sushi here was great quality! No complaints about freshness, taste, etc. Portion sizes were larger than we expected and we couldn't finish! My only minor complaint is that prices are a touch high...they make up for that with quality though. I'll come back for the sushi and I want to try the hibachi!

1  Thank jaime w
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I love Oyama and go frequently. The food is always delicious and the wait staff attentive.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

I had lunch there today. My sushi/sashimi combo bento box was over $15. I don't mind the price, but the servings were stingy. The salad was just iceburg, one slice of tomato and dressing in a small container placed on top of the salad (not a beautiful presentation). However, the was fish was fresh and tasty.

I was surprised, they charged me $2.25 for a mug of green tea. No water was offered. I overheard the patron behind me complain she was charged for an second soda after being told there was no charge for a re-fill. The waiter wasn't going to give in and the manager had to resolve the issue and eventually waived the charge. (Give the lady a soda, buddy!)

The manager was friendly and greeted me when I was eating. He needs to train his wait staff the same approach. They basically came and took away the finished plates after asking if I was finished.

The place was clean and well lighted.

I think there is potential, but today I wasn't too happy. Basically, don't cheap-out, give free tea, better portions would help, and train the wait staff to be more attentive. And for goodness sake, give the lady her re-fill soda!!!

No need for me to return.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Oyama, in my opinion, has gone down hill. The portions are large and the food is good, but the atmosphere and staff are very withdrawn and cold. The host (seemed like a manager) is rude EVERY time we go. We always sit at the hibachi tables and the cooks seem to have no personality or excitement. There are multiple hibachi places the next town over in Rocky Hill and Glastonbury and we would now rather drive there then stay in town. The cooks at other restaurants make the hibachi experience involved and exciting. I don't know how Oyama is still open..

1  Thank kelly1210

Been to Oyama Japanese Restaurant? Share your experiences!