“Was not impressed at atll” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cromwell Diner

Cromwell Diner
Ranked #1 of 65 Restaurants in Cromwell
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A modern family owned Diner serving America's Favorite Comfort Food Made Fresh Daily! Breakfast All Day, Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Beer, Wine, Cocktails, Dessert, Lavazza Coffee. Full service, seating for 200+, buses welcome. Our big Menu is worth the read - locals will tell you about our famous homemade corned beef hash,chourico hash, sausage gravy, potato pancakes, great omelet selection and of course our Pancake House selections; awesome sandwiches, wraps and melts, fresh natural angus burgers, chicken pot pie, shepard's pie and the best yankee pot roast anywhere!! We specialize in fresh cooked to order - we offer many choices for folks to order their perfect breakfast, lunch or dinner - from our "real deal breakfast platters" to our "fresh avocado toast & eggs" to our "Blue Plate Specials". We hope to see you soon!! STAY HUNGRY 'TIL EXIT 21!!
New Jersey
“Was not impressed at atll”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

When I first came in I was led to a table that was basically in the middle of everything. I had to wait awhile for a waiter to come to my table. I ordered the two egg breakfast that comes with two sides. So for my sides I asked for sausage and hash browns with an additional side of wheat toast.. I also got coffee and had to ask the waiter twice for some splenda. . when I received my check I noticed that I was charged an extra $2.99 for sausage. Since I could not find my waiter AGAIN, I asked the guy at the front desk. He told me my breakfast included 2 sides but 2 diner approved sides. If my waiter would have bothered to tell me that when I had ordered I may not have ordered what I did but he was too busy talking and playing around with his friends. The table next to me was having issues also. I don't think this is a place I will go to again. I would rather go to McDonalds

Visited April 2014

hartford, ct
“Stick to Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Come here at least once a month and what I've learned is that it is best to always stick to breakfast. I've never had much satisfaction with anything other than their omelettes. The lunch/dinner fare isn't bad, it's just not all that exciting. The omelettes and french toast are always good and will be far more satisfying than anything else on the condensed menu.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hartford, Connecticut
“Good New England Eatery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

The Diner remodeled a year or so ago, and the interior looks comfortable. The menu has slimmed down a little, but was overwhelming before the changes. The food is good and the portions are certainly good sized. I have eaten there several times with my family and we have never been disappointed. You can enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner at anytime of the day.

Killingworth, Connecticut
“Surprisingly Good! First time...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Had the Monte Cristo with homefries, daughter had the Chicken Parm sandwich with a cup of cream of broccoli soup... one of the best meals at a diner in CT... very clean, friendly service and delicious food... now on my list of places to go!

New York City, New York
“Good food, bad show of service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

We had heard good things about the diner prior to
being here for the weekend for a wedding. So the
morning of the wedding, most of the groom's party
along with the groom decided to head here for
breakfast. The food was good, I had the chicken
fried steak and eggs. The waitress was attentive
with one or two slow moments only because of the
heavy crowd. Things took a bad turn when one of
my friends found a hair cooked into her omelet. This
was brought to the waitress' attention and the meal
was replaced. However, when we got the bill, the meal
was still on the check. We talked with the waitress. She
went and got the manager who said that since the meal
was replaced, he saw no need to take it off the bill. Most
if not all places, when human hair or other things are in
the food, will take that off your check as a sign of good faith
if not common sense. He got huffy when this was mentioned
and my friend's boyfriend had to firmly insist on that being
stricken from the bill. The manager did so reluctantly. That
made a decent meal a poor one in my book, that a manager
has to be badgered into doing something right.

Visited June 2013