“excellent diner” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cromwell Diner

Cromwell Diner
Ranked #1 of 65 Restaurants in Cromwell
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A modern family owned Diner serving America's Favorite Comfort Food Made Fresh Daily! Breakfast All Day, Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Beer, Wine, Cocktails, Dessert, Lavazza Coffee. Full service, seating for 200+, buses welcome. Our big Menu is worth the read - locals will tell you about our famous homemade corned beef hash,chourico hash, sausage gravy, potato pancakes, great omelet selection and of course our Pancake House selections; awesome sandwiches, wraps and melts, fresh natural angus burgers, chicken pot pie, shepard's pie and the best yankee pot roast anywhere!! We specialize in fresh cooked to order - we offer many choices for folks to order their perfect breakfast, lunch or dinner - from our "real deal breakfast platters" to our "fresh avocado toast & eggs" to our "Blue Plate Specials". We hope to see you soon!! STAY HUNGRY 'TIL EXIT 21!!
Shamong, NJ
“excellent diner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

recommended by a local. meatloaf was outstanding. mac and cheese was very good. good coffee. *could not award excellent as i do not understand not having stewed tomatoes.

• Visited January 2014

magicbullet058
“great diner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

A diner with very good unpretentious diner food, that in one sentence is what Cromwell diner is. Not more needs to be said.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cromwell, Connecticut
“Where's my waitress? ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Coming to this diner is always a great experience. The food is always fast and taste so fresh. Yesterday I had meatloaf with there veggie of the day, which apparently is always broccoli. (Even though I didn't order it) Their portions are HUGE enough to feed two. Every time I go I happen to get the same waitress, be it morning, afternoon, night, or after the bar. She's amazing. She always makes me feel like I am company at her own house. This time though I had this sloppy looking waiter that didn't check up on me and got my order wrong. Even with the order wrong the food was good so no need to complain. I'll def ask for my waitress next time.
They serve alcohol here too. They need to expand there selection though.
This diner is so close to the highway, gas station, walmart. It is great and definitely beats going to fast food.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great local diner right off highway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Great good, extremely fast service and clean. Perfect place to stop while youre passing by! I'm ct born and raised and been to almost every diner in ct and this one is by far one of the best!

• Visited November 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice Breakfast, Friendly Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

My wife and I had a nice breakfast here during a weekend stop for a wedding in Middletown. We went on a Sunday morning at 8:30. It's a pretty big place so there was no wait. The waitress was friendly and tried to warn that a full stack of pancakes would be too much. I enjoyed the pancakes and my wife enjoyed her Eggs.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Cromwell Diner? Share your experiences!