“Good Night Out”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Rookies
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Drinks are well made, and good service. Bands are usually good entertainment on the weekends as well. And a great venue to watch sports. There are TVs EVERYWHERE!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Used to be called rookies. Still a really good sports bar to go to. There are way more tvs inside now and booth upgrades but food is not good. I don't remember rookies food being this bad. Burger sliders were overcooked and dry. My friend had the southwest wrap and I had the buffalo chicken wrap both of which were terrible. My friend barely ate her wrap and was also disappointed with the onion rings. I thought to myself "how could you screw up a buffalo chicken wrap???" The chicken was grilled and tasteless. Barely no hot sauce and both our dressings in the wraps just weren't good. My husband and his friend were satisfied with buffalo wings but said they weren't the best wings they've ever had. Also the regular fries are really good (what I filled up on) and don't get the sweet potato fries. I usually always upgrade to these but they were just ok. This is a place for watching sports and drinking beer. Well their margaritas are good. We did have really good service- very sweet young girl.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Used to be called Rookies

If youre a sports fan and like bar foods and finger foods, this is your place. I thought there was a lot of energy there and it was as i wanted...Lots of noisy sports fans, several tv's and good food. Our server was pretty cute also. Being with a female in tow who is not a sports fan, she ordered fish...Probably a nono for a sports bar. She said it wasnt tasty but what do you expect from a place that;s known for wings and burgers. I loved it and watched the games from several angles.
I'd repeat several times.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I had very good food here on several occasions. However, I have also had very bad meals here as well. Sometimes the food comes out overcooked and the portions tend to vary.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

Unless you're an ex jock or cheerleader, you won't fit in here. The service is horrendous. My friend had to wait about 45 minutes for her chicken. When she complained, she was told that it takes time to cook, did she want it raw?

The rest of the service was pretty slow also for drinks & food. After waiting about 20 minutes for a drink to come, we find they had completely forgotten about it. I told her not to bother, & bring the check. That, of course, was there in 3 seconds flat. And we were overcharged, so we had the joy of straightening that out too.

Kidgc, Owner at Rookies, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

Rookies is now Chicagosams...New Look ....New menu.....great specials.....Half price happy hour apps...give us a try.....also Dont forget to join us at Rookies Live....on Sat nites...