“Eh - I say skip it”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #26 of 66 Restaurants in Cromwell
Cuisines: Southwestern
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We've defaulted to coming here a few times because there isn't much open in the area around 9pm. We keep hoping it'll be better each time and last night we decided we're not coming back. Once they've been out of guacamole, we've tried different ribs and neither version were good. The dry rub was so dry and overcooked, the original kind last night was fatty and each time you cut them apart, there was some stringy fat that came with each rib. Fajitas were overdone last night and charred a bit where the beef was crazy tough, another time it's just lacked some flavor. And the service has been iffy, once we had a waitress who kept going and sitting down with her friends at the booth a couple down from us. We've never had decent service and are constantly waiting for someone to refill drinks.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I've tried this place a few times in the past while on business and I was hoping it was better since my last vist was a disaster (cold ribs was delivered twice). I've been to Chili's in Phoenix and the two just do not compare to each other. That's why I thought I would try again in the hopes it was better since I last complained via their web-site. If you just want a beer, then it's fine. If you want to eat, go somewhere else while in Cromwell. Even McD's is better than what tastes like microwave appetizers. Service was good, it's just the food that doesn't live up to the same standards in PHX.

2  Thank Neaville
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We eat here probably 4 times a year and have sat in both the dining room and the bar. Dinner time is always busy weekday or weekend since it's located close to three hotels and popular with the locals. Their happy hour specials are great and deals like two for twenty make for a cheap night out. The food is consistently good and service is prompt and friendly. Cromwell is not an epicurean paradise by any means and most of the restaurants on the main strip are chains with the excretion of a few locally owned. For a good meal that doesn't break the budget this chain location is worth trying.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Super service and they have a separate gluten free menu :)
Very convenient to the Crown Plaza Hotel :)

Reviewed March 21, 2013

The restaurant is right next door to the Courtyard hotel where we were staying. We didn't have a car and found it convenient to walk to for lunch one day. We usually don't eat at chain restaurants. We were pleased to find the food and service good.

Been to Chili's Grill & Bar? Share your experiences!