“Not quite what it used to be, but satisfying nonetheless”
Review of Mitchell's on Main

Mitchell's on Main
Ranked #9 of 65 Restaurants in Cromwell
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Was recently in CT for a college reunion, and a friend and I went hunting for an old breakfast haunt in Cromwell that we had been to 20(!) years ago. We took the old familiar turns down the road, but knew when we pulled in the parking lot that the name didn't seem familiar. Indeed, Mar-shells was now Mitchells on Main, but it looked familiar enough that we stayed. The menu varied a bit (we recalled the once delicious scrambles you could get at Marshells, but we had very respectable omelets with the most buttery toast you could imagine. Service was prompt and friendly. Bathroom needs some help. It's not the place of my youth, but I would not hesitate to go there again if in the area.

There are newer reviews for Mitchell's on Main

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Tried this place a couple times. Wasn't impressed the first time; gave it a second shot and wouldn't go back. Tables are sticky, wait staff was slow, and potatoes had pools of grease under them. Too bad because they have a great location and is just about the only breakfast place in cromwell.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

I called to find out about dinner and whether certain items would be available, and 95% of the conversation involved yelling and repeating myself over a blaring radio, I get it. You closed at 2pm and you're cleaning and ready to leave, but that is NOT cool or good for business. You don't wanna turn down the tunes, don't answer the phone.

Simple, and professional.

Food is usually good, Spuds overrated.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Entry way was dirty, staff was loud and my pumpernickel toast had blue mold on it. Wow, very surprised because the Mitchells in Vernon is excellent!

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Banana's Foster...need I say more?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!