“Love this place and they are expanding to have a porch overlooking the water”

Lake View Restaurant & Banquets
Ranked #9 of 18 Restaurants in Coventry
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Windham, Connecticut
“Love this place and they are expanding to have a porch overlooking the water”
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Beend here a few times and I can honestly say that we adore the food, atmosphere and friendliness of staff. It is hidden behind the flea market in Coventry. Butif you have the chance to go I woold suggest. The only thing I would have to say is that sometimes it takes the waitstaff to come over. One time it took over a half an hour to get our bill. She was on the inside and outside tables which is jot efficient. Otherwise we are def returning

2 Thank jennyrose0853

Tolland, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This place is fabulous! I had the stuffed shrimp and was thoroughly impressed as were my parents with their meals. Our waiter was very friendly and accommodating, our drinks and food came quickly and the panoramic dining room has wonderful views of the lake. I highly recommend this restaurant if you're looking for a great dining experience.

• Visited November 2012
Worcester, Massachusetts
“An expanding, hidden gem”
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

One question: Is this restaurant family run? I ask because the food all tastes like gram made it. I like visiting my mother-in law well, because she's my mother-in law and I love her, but also because we go to the Lake Side. After their upgrades and expansion the place is even better. The staff is always pleasant and helpful. But, the food. The food has always been tasty, like from gram's recipe. Always good and always plentiful. The food with the Mediteranean flavor were especially flavorful. I'm not a big soup guy but the Minestrone was fantastic. The beer selection was pretty good too. Not many places up here have Landshark. The cost is about average, maybe a little more, but the serving size is enough for left-overs so...

Coventry,Ct
“Exceptional waitstaff”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stopped by for a quick dinner. Very surprised of the renovation, outstanding job. I ordered the Roast Pork dinner and my wife had the Steak wrap, both were excellent. The portions were more than enough and the price was right. What really struck us was the attentiveness of our waiter; Joey. He belongs at a 5-star restaurant. Did not forget anything and kept on checking on us to make sure all of our dining needs were met. A very pleasant surprise in this day of the hustle and bustle. Joey made our dining experience, we will go back again and again.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Jim W
ct
“Great place, atmosphere and friendly owners.”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Mt husband and I enjoy traveling around the states trying different restaurants. I have been to many with water views in different states, just for the atmosphere. However, right in my hometown is the best one with food. So many restaurants have a glimpse of a lake or pond marsh. Lakeview is arranged, so that the enclosed deck is on the water, or you can choose to sit out on the open deck. The food is great. We enjoy trying new dishes along with our favorites. My husband loves the fish specials and regular fish on the menus. Never overcooked or dry, and always fresh, not old or fishy smelling, made with just the right amount of flavors. I enjoy the steaks, the lamb chops, ribs, sandwiches are all excellent. My mom enjoys the pasta dishes, especially that parms. and the marsalas. Huge ample portions, enough for a few meals. Large assortment of apps. that are great too. They are meal size, so if you order, you better have a few people to share with. They are also willing to accomdate special orders, and have done so willingly for us. The owners always ask how our dishes are, and will fix any problems you may have. If you go, you won`t be disappointed.

• Visited October 2012