“Handy, but nothing special”
Review of Reid's Grill & Creamery - CLOSED

Reid's Grill & Creamery
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed June 23, 2013

When a restaurant in town that had closed after just one year reopened recently with a new name and ownership, we were glad to see it. We went there the other evening with our two young grandkids. Reid's is meant as a quick-stop eatery, so we did not expect great cuisine and gold star service, but unfortunately the place did not even meet our limited expectations. The venue is still "new" clean and attractive. There is seating both inside and outside. It is quite informal. My wife had a crispy chicken sandwich; I had a ruben ($8 each). The kids had a burger ($6) and a bacon cheeseburger ($7). All the sandwiches came with fries; we asked to substitute onion rings for my wife's sandwich. The food was neither bad nor good. My wife and I shared the ruben and thought it pretty good, but neither of us liked the chicken very much. The boys ate the burgers, but they did not seem special. The fries were a bit above par; the rings the standard frozen things one usually gets. The service was quick, but clumsy. When the chicken sandwich arrived with fires and not the requested rings, the server responded by taking the whole plate with her. This left our sandwiches cooling while we waited for a corrected order, and of course meant that the chicken sandwich cooled awaiting the rings. When later we asked for refills on the kids' sodas, nothing was done. When we finally flagged down the server to ask again, her response was "Oh, that's right," without any hint of apology. In sum, the server was just an order taker/food bringer, and not terribly good a that. The bill arrived with just a credit card slip and no itemization to check. Apart from the iffy service there is no reason to avoid Reid's, but neither is there much reason to seek it out.

2  Thank freetogoConnecticut

Reviewed June 1, 2013

went and had lunch with my son. The service was good. The food is okay. Can't wait to try their breakfast.